2012 Corolla - Airbag Light

I recently bought a 2012 corolla sport.I have problems with the airbag light coming on while driving.I have had it back to the dealer and they get no codes.Has anyone out there had this problem.

The light is arriving on because the air bag unsuccessful the self-test. When a operating airbag is linked up the mild will go out. You did not provide the season. On more recent vehicles, disconnecting the airbag mild will just give another mistake that the caution lighting aren't operating.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Whatever the cause, this is a warranty item and a very serious safety item. if the air bag goes off while you are driving, that's going to cause a crash and ruin your day. If the air bag doesn't deploy during a crash, that could ruin your life, as you could end up dead.

Get the car back to the dealership and demand they fix the car. If they can't fix it, then in many states you have the Lemon Law to protect you where if after three attempts if the dealership can't fix the problem you brought the car in for, they have to give you a complete refund for the car. Google it.

Same Problem Here

I recently bought a 2012 corolla sport.I have problems with the airbag light coming on while driving.I have had it back to the dealer and they get no codes.Has anyone out there had this problem.
I'm having the same issue with my 2012 air bag light must be on when they check the code taking it back for the third time next week they recalibrated the weight sensor on the passenger seat and then they changed the air bag sensor and light is still coming on lets hope this does not become a lemon law problem:mad: Maybe I should og bought the ford

I'm having the same issue with my 2012 air bag light must be on when they check the code taking it back for the third time next week they recalibrated the weight sensor on the passenger seat and then they changed the air bag sensor and light is still coming on lets hope this does not become a lemon law problem:mad: Maybe I should og bought the ford
Mine was the center airbag sensor they changed it and all is fine

2010 Corolla S

Had my son's 2010 Corolla S fixed for this last Dec. while he was home from college. As soon as he got back, it came back on. Took it in last week, they replaced bag assembly again. I got all of 5 miles before it came on again. Car is back at the dealer right now. Judging by how many have had similar issues, there is clearly a problem. Had an equally bad situation with a Maxima(check engine light). After 4 or 5 trips in, had to buy a new computer(not under warranty). Roughly the same amount of people that I am seeing here had the same issue with the Maxima.
Recall time!!!

I had the same problem the fix for me was the ground on the steering wheel air bag made a short I soaked it with wd40 all is well now problem fixed

Hey Can you pls let me know how you made out i have the same problem i have a White 2012 Toyota Corolla S i bought at Tasca i just hit 49,000 miles so a few weeks ago my Airlbag light would come on go off and i would put my seatbelt on and it went off now nothing as soon as i start my car its on right away and the seat belt light used to blink make beeping nosies if i did not put on that doesnt happen anymore either and if i put on my seatbelt the light stays on to but the airbag light must be messing with the seatbelt light. But pls text me4013917699 let me know what was wrong with your i will bet i have the exact same problem you had thank you

Same Problem Here