2012 Corolla - Green Rocks?

My 2012 Corolla has these little green rocks that appear on the passenger floor board. I cleaned them out a few weeks ago and now they are back. No one rides over there ever and there is nothing ever set over there or anywhere in my car. I drive it to work and back and that is it. These weird rocks look like fish food or maybe something from a filter?? I also seem to have a weird rattle in my dash. Am I going crazy or are these things falling from under my dash... out of the lower vents..some kind of insulation that is breaking free? The car was bought new. Its not like its making a mess its maybe 6-8 every few days. It is just the fact of the matter and it is quite curious.

My 2012 Corolla has these little green rocks that appear on the passenger floor board. I cleaned them out a few weeks ago and now they are back. No one rides over there ever and there is nothing ever set over there or anywhere in my car. I drive it to work and back and that is it. These weird rocks look like fish food or maybe something from a filter?? I also seem to have a weird rattle in my dash. Am I going crazy or are these things falling from under my dash... out of the lower vents..some kind of insulation that is breaking free? The car was bought new. Its not like its making a mess its maybe 6-8 every few days. It is just the fact of the matter and it is quite curious.
Nobody know...lol...even the know it all dude didn't chime...guess I am crazy..

Wondering if a window was broke. Some douche bag smashed out the rear window on my Matrix with an empty bottle of Vodka the second week I owned the car. Cut up the trunk panels good and sent glass clear up to the dashboard. Had to strip the rear interior panels to get all the glass out and would still find shards of glass for two years when I detailed the car. They look like little green rocks too...

fishycomics

Super Moderator
2012 two plus years, if under 36K you will be under warranty.

Under dash, Pass side, and strange noise, how many people know they have a Cabin filter?

How many people change the cabin filter?

I ask you this question, Do you think they forgotten to take out for shipment these packs that keep rodents out? Eventually they will no longer be an issue , they have to stop some time.

Simple thing to do is get out there, open that glove box up, and scope your area. here is a simple clip. That now I have to go get a cabin filter and do myself. Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Yes the cowl, a small area.

If these pellets are not foam, they are of a pet gravel, nerds.

get a shop vac out and pop open that cabin filter, and place in the vacuem there , cover up with a towel..........

also if accessable from the top by the cowls small opening?

Yeah I was thinking before car purchase, shipped on the vessel, pointless yep

Predapex - Have you had your Toyota Dealer look at this problem?
I think it will be okay...they are about done... I would rather drag my nuts through a mile of broken glass than take my car to the stealership..again thanks for the great info. This is what forums are for; not to be told to go to the dealer....if my big toe is tingling and I ask about it...DONT TELL ME TO SEE A DOCTOR...duhhh. One asks a question because they are too lazy or don't want to see a professional. Thanks.

The suggestion that you have the Toyota dealer look at this odd problem is because no one here has every seen anything like that before. It is very strange.

[TE=Predapex;9014]I think it will be okay...they are about done... I would rather drag my nuts through a mile of broken glass than take my car to the stealership..again thanks for the great info. This is what forums are for; not to be told to go to the dealer....if my big toe is tingling and I ask about it...DONT TELL ME TO SEE A DOCTOR...duhhh. One asks a question because they are too lazy or don't want to see a professional. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Don't be an ass when people give you ideas. Sometimes the dealer IS the beat option.. So...

BRo those are rat poison pellets
I know right? That's what I was thinking too. I looked around at some rat poison pellets types and these are not exact but pretty close. Who knows...prolly an ex freak trying to poison me.

Sorry Bout the rude reply. Did a little drunk texting...

I agree with Fishycomics. If these, "green rocks", are coming from the car itself, then this is a warranty item that a Toyota dealership can't charge you for to diagnose.

So my original theory was also that this was rat poison, but I could not tell how or why it could possibly be falling into the dash. So a few days ago I am eating with my GFs dad and tell him the story of the mysterious green rocks (which have since not re-appeared) and his eyes got huge...:eek:...the car was parked in his shop for sometime and he was baiting the rats. The rats poison kept disappearing and so he kept replacing it......the rodents were stashing it in the dash for later. I did not realize they took the poison and stashed it...so they died and never got to come back for it. Mystery of the alien green rocks solved!!!

Wow ... LOL!

That is definitely bizarre.

I was in the middle of rebuilding my '82 Mustang GT and found a dead rat in the ashtray, and a couple other places ... and then it hit me. The little bastards were going into the garage and drinking the coolant I didn't have a chance to dump yet and chose to die in my car.

Thanks for the follow up, shocked how things can happen. glad you did not taste one to see what it was
Now this is the not so funny part. The rats were stashing it IN THE FAN up in the dash. So when the air was on you could here then getting smashed around and blown into the filter! So technically I probably did taste some.