2013 Corolla EVAP Monitor Has Not Completed

I have a 2013 Corolla that I bought about a week ago. Out of curiosity I plugged in an OBDC reader and I have discovered that the EVAP monitor has not completed its cycle. There is no DTC being generated, it just hasn’t finished that one monitor test. All other monitors complete their tests.

Under normal circumstances, given that the car is new, the simple solution would be to take it back to the dealership, but please understand that the gates of H3LL are located right at the end of my dealer’s service lane where the garage doors go into the building. (..I would do just about anything to avoid having to deal with them ever again…)

I have run the code reader three times with about 2/3 of a tank of gas, secure gas cap and an outside temperature of about 50 degrees. There are absolutely no performance issues with the car; it runs fine. Since I’m most likely going to have to go back to my dealer, I figure that any knowledge I can get before I go will be valuable. Has anyone ever seen this problem before? (..please tell me there’s some really easy fix..)

Thanks for any info!

Just take it to another Toyota dealer. Not worth knocking yourself out since the car is new and would be covered under the warranty.

Let me see if I understand. You have a new car, one week old. Runs fine, no check engine light, no indication of anything wrong.

If this is the case, ignore the OBDC. Read, or re-read your owners manual.