2013 Gas Mileage

rdow

Hello- question, please: 8 months ago I purchased a new 2013. For 10 years previous I drove a 2001 Ford Focus and got approx 450 km per tank or 11km per litre. I don't get as much on the Corolla, about 10km per litre, puttering around the suburbs. Please let me know if that is normal or if I should have it looked at. Thank you

buck

Hello- question, please: 8 months ago I purchased a new 2013. For 10 years previous I drove a 2001 Ford Focus and got approx 450 km per tank or 11km per litre. I don't get as much on the Corolla, about 10km per litre, puttering around the suburbs. Please let me know if that is normal or if I should have it looked at. Thank you
That's about 23.5 MPG. I assume yours is an automatic. Mine is a manual and I get about 33mpg mixed and it drops to about 25 if I don't get on the highway. So I would believe 23.5mpg isn't "absurdly low" or any cause for concern.

Another thing you might consider is how many miles are on the engine. If it's relatively low, it might not be completely broken in yet, which could account for the low fuel economy.