2013 OR 2016 Corolla S?

With all the understandably proud high-miles Corollas around here, I can imagine what most folks would say but here goes:

If given the choice (either scenario is feasible at the moment), would you BUY a 30,000 mile Corolla S or LEASE a brand new 2016?

I know some finance folks will say any lease is a bad idea, designed to enrich the dealer and stick it to the customer... and I can see the wisdom here. With 2013, I will take some cash out of the bank and own it immediately. With lease, I will take no cash out of the bank and actually get a check from my trade-in difference.

But what's your opinion? Own 2013... bank on Corolla going a long, long time without any major repairs, or just "borrow" a shiny new one and know I will not pay for a single oil change, repair or anything?

Thanks for any and all advice! I'm sort of wavering between the two choices now, used this morning, now leaning toward lease....

Tags: hyundai hd700, gia toyota altis 2016, hyundai county dong vang

It's been awhile since your post. What did you wind up doing? I have a 2013 S manual. I would always say if you can afford to go with the newer model - then do it.