2013 OR 2016 Corolla S?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adamjohnson, Aug 31, 2016.

1. adamjohnson

adamjohnson New Member

With all the understandably proud high-miles Corollas around here, I can imagine what most folks would say but here goes:

If given the choice (either scenario is feasible at the moment), would you BUY a 30,000 mile Corolla S or LEASE a brand new 2016?

I know some finance folks will say any lease is a bad idea, designed to enrich the dealer and stick it to the customer... and I can see the wisdom here. With 2013, I will take some cash out of the bank and own it immediately. With lease, I will take no cash out of the bank and actually get a check from my trade-in difference.

But what's your opinion? Own 2013... bank on Corolla going a long, long time without any major repairs, or just "borrow" a shiny new one and know I will not pay for a single oil change, repair or anything?

Thanks for any and all advice! I'm sort of wavering between the two choices now, used this morning, now leaning toward lease....

Tags: hyundai hd700, gia toyota altis 2016, hyundai county dong vang

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Doug B

Doug B New Member

It's been awhile since your post. What did you wind up doing? I have a 2013 S manual. I would always say if you can afford to go with the newer model - then do it.

4. fishycomics

fishycomics New Member

you like some one elses troubles Lease new

5. thatinsanehobo

thatinsanehobo New Member

If it helps, I just bought my 2015 S+. 6k down, 10k in payments.

6. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

I was going to lease but my wife talked me out of it!
    Thankfully cause now I can modify it to hearts content!
    I'm one of those people who don't buy used, if all possible. I've purchased other people's problems before!

fishycomics likes this.