2013 S steering wheel control issues

Hey guys so a bit of a problem. Last year my stock touch screen head unit fried itself and I replaced it with a Kenwood BT unit but never installed an adapter for steering wheel controls, which when I took out the factory unit functioned fine. Yesterday I installed an iDataLink Maestro and set it up properly and it was working. The mode button was not being registered but I just assumed the button went bad. That was until I turned on my headlights and the maestro unit went nuts. It changed all of the controls and 80% of the time didn't even register a button push. I've done some research and troubleshooting and believe the issue is with my clock spring harness.

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this issue, if it seems like it would be the clock spring or if it's maybe the steering wheel controls itself. As well if anyone knows of a tutorial to replace the clock spring, the part number for it and the factory steering wheel controls or if someone else has an entirely different idea. I have a 2013 Corolla S without the factory JBL system, so no amp, it only has steering wheel controls for seek, volume, and mode (no BT controls) and the factory head unit did not have maps or XM.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks