2013 Type S - Rims

Question for the group. My 2013 color choice for the Type S i am purchasing is Magnetic gray matallic. Question is, should I buy the TRD 18in rims to add some style. If so, would you go with the black 5 spoke OR the silver 5 spoke? Would I have to do a spring lowering on the car to make the 18's look correct or would it look good with the factory springs? The silver Type S below has the silver 18's without the spring lowering. The Magnatic gray Type S below has the lowering spring kit. The car at the bottom (picture) is the regular Type S with the premium package 17in rims. Which looks better?

Attachments

Last edited:
Whatever you think looks best is really all up to you. You're the one that has to live with it, no one else. You buy a car for you, no one else. :)

I personally don't like this huge wheel, tiny tire craze at all. As for looks, I think it looks like a car on skateboard wheels. Absolutely silly.

From a practical standpoint, the huge wheel look has a lot of negatives to it. They ride very had as their is much less rubber sidewall to the tire, which reduces the ride of the car, transmitting every little crack and seam in the road to the rest of the car. The energy of these contact impacts doesn't help any of the expensive suspension parts to last longer, that's for sure. Also, with less sidewall to absorb impacts, the expensive wheels are much more likely to become bent when hitting a pothole and also the tire can be damaged, i.e. breaking the chord in the sidewall of the tire. Further, lowering the car increases wear and tear on the MacPherson struts and shock absorbers, as well as causing alignment issues and safe ground clearance as well. All told, I think that's all a much too high price to pay for being, "in style", or just appearing as all the other robots appear.

Be yourself. Be different. :)