2014 Corolla - Bluetooth Problem With New Phone - Software Update Anywhere?

-Bought the Corolla last year, the base model, cheapest one. I don't anything about cars but I'm assuming that's the S model.

-Just got a new phone, android, the OnePlus One.

Got into the car last morning for a drive, activated my Bluetooth, connected, alright.

As I'm driving I'm noticing my phone keeps on lighting up, waking up. I disabled all the touch-wake-up features and whatnot, so it wasn't that. Then I look on my car's touchscreen and I notice that there's occasionally alerts at the top you see when you first connect a device or disconnect..."phone has been disconnected", "audio player has been disconnected", "contacts have been transferred", "phone has been connected", "audio player has been connected", "contacts have failed to transfer", "phone has been disconnected", "phone has been connected".

On a loop. Every 1 or 2 minutes. Sometimes it seemed even less, like 30 seconds. What does this mean? It means that the phone/car can't hold a bluetooth connection, and it constantly drops and picks it back up again. My previous phone, the iPhone 4S, yes...that old thing, the 4S... always just WORKED. No hassle, nothing. I mean, it's simple. It's...bluetooth. Matter of fact, every phone I've ever dealt with has no problems with bluetooth...because it's a simple thing to process.

For whatever reason and to try anything, I erased all the old devices in my car. And that didn't change anything lol. Except for erasing all my stored devices...

I just drove with my mom's older VW car for what it's worth and nothing went wrong. Same with my dad's (newer than my corolla) VW car. Phone went perfect, nothing wrong for either car, I mean-it's simple. It's bluetooth.

So now I'm in search for finding out how or where to look for a software update for my car. If that is the answer. Cause I can't find a download ANYWHERE for 2014 Corolla software updates so I can put it on a USB and insert it in my car. If they even exist.

I was even just at the dealer and the guy says that no such software update exists for my car "because its new." They only update "once every 2 years."

If that's the case....WHY IS THERE AN OPTION IN THE CAR'S SETTINGS FOR UPDATING AND UPDATE HISTORY, with literally a scrollable empty list that should have some entries in it by now. There's scrollable arrows. This baffles me.

He said to come back tomorrow morning so they could call HQ in California to ask them, which I am almost certain nothing will come out of it. The way they talked to me made it seem like they basically abandoned my old base model car from last year and only care about the new Entune-compatible cars. I bought this car last year.

Please, anyone help me. How do software updates work? Where can I get one? What can I do to fix this problem? It's only with this 2014 Corolla, on every other car(even newer than the Corolla) my phone works, it's just *this* car. It makes no sense.

Please help me, thanks.

could be several things. However the issue is covered by warranty, take it in to Toyota to fix. Say what he may say it is under warranty and that is not how it should perform, it needs to be fixed or replaced.

Phone connectivity problem.

Hi there, I started to have the same problem with my Iphone 5 after the latest phone updates. My contacts are not tranfered, issue with the music strart. Looks like Toyota do not have the update for the Toyota soft.