2014 Corolla multimedia screen reboot

Bik

my corolla 2014 multimedia screen have problem last week and show reboot. I went to dealer and they charge $2000 to replace. I did try all troubleshooting.
I am wondering why these issue happen when your warranty is over or after certain kilometres.is this really a problem or something else.....

my corolla 2014 multimedia screen have problem last week and show reboot. I went to dealer and they charge $2000 to replace. I did try all troubleshooting.
I am wondering why these issue happen when your warranty is over or after certain kilometres.is this really a problem or something else.....
If you have the NAV unit, they’re garbage between 2014-2016. Units made by Fujitsu.
For about $800-$1000, you can get a really nice aftermarket radio that does more and will last the life of the car. Also look into the Maestro Rr, to retain your factory steering wheel controls, backup camera, etc.

Bik

I think company has to recall these units. It is suddenly reboot and not physical damage.
It is software glitch and stop working when warranty is over. Every thing is working, screen and backup camera.
Only the radio and other app. not working. This is company responsibility to fix these issue from backend.

If you have the NAV unit, they’re garbage between 2014-2016. Units made by Fujitsu.
For about $800-$1000, you can get a really nice aftermarket radio that does more and will last the life of the car. Also look into the Maestro Rr, to retain your factory steering wheel controls, backup camera, etc.
IMHO- No one should have to pay again to have the items purchased with the car. To me, this makes it a scam to know so many have this issue and leave them stranded with nothing or tell them to replace it out of pocket. It's one thing to desire to upgrade from a working system to something else but another to be out the system and left with spending more money or going without.

Please file a complaint with NHTSA on their "file a vehicle safety complaint" page since so many of us have this same issue but they won't issue a recall unless they know more cars are affected!