2014 Corolla S - Annoying Noise Coming from the Drivers Side

The thing is I just worry the more they fiddle to fix the rattles by opening the dash and panels it causes more problems with the car... They most of the time break clips etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk!
Yeah, that's certainly possible. My success rate on dealer fixes of rattles or other noises is pretty low.

I took the car to the dealer yesterday to its first 1,000 Kms, service, that was an oil and filter change, they charged around Us 75.00 for the oil and filter. They don't charge labor for the first two services. Next one will be at 3,000 Kms. I had to drive one of the mechanics around so that he could hear the rattles that I had reported and he confirmed that I was right. At the end of the day I picked the car up, and was told that they need to keep the car for a few days in order to fix the noises, but that they will give me a car that belongs to the dealer while they work on my Corolla, that will be next Monday. I see they are willing to cooperate and really hope the will fix these little, but annoying issues. Was told that they have a manual from the factory telling them which pieces are the ones that could cause the rattles, but I am not so sure if such a manual has been delivered from the factory? They do understand that the owner of a new car doesn't like rattles. Hoping they will fix them, but I will make sure to follow up with them.

Are you still under guarantee? If so, I think you should contact your local dealer, perhaps there is a solution to your case...it is worth the try!

Took the car to the dealer, they kept it for a week and gave me another car for the intended period. The rattles from the dashboard and right back door were fixed, there is another rattle that comes from the console that is between the front seats, but that one I have found the solution and that is to put a card folded several times and that puts pressure in between the two little plastic doors and the rattle is gone. I will look for some little rubber or plastic pieces to give a more permanent solution. After all it was worth to take it to the dealer.

That is good feedback. I will only be able to take my car in January 2015 as I am extremely busy at work...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk!

I am having a similar problem: my car has a ton of rattles on right side of dashboard: constantly (except at idle); if I tap on dash, it makes the noise: I know I should bring it in, but is there something I can try on my own?: car has 300 miles on it now: I am every picky and am worried if dealer will remove dash etc: especially car only 1.5 weeks old
I bought this car thinking rattle free :/
I miss my 2011 highlander; zero problems with that thing(don't miss mpg though)
Please let me know your thoughts
Thank you
this guy appears to have figured it out.
its about two thirds of the way through. I'll try this I think because I have the same problem.