2014 Corolla S - Fog Lights On With High Beams

So I got LED bulbs for my fogs, they work great, but I want to make them stay on with hi-beams. I've heard of jumping fuses or something to acheve this. Anyone have any thoughts/experience?

SCQTT

Really? You people could just keep your trap shut if you do not have an answer. This guy did not ask your opinion if he should do it, he asked if anyone knew how. Do you know his circumstances? Perhaps you live in a large metro area and do not need your lights for anything more than other drivers seeing you.

I drive for long distances on two lane country roads at night. I seldom see other cars, but see deer EVERY single night that I drive. The fogs slightly wider spread of light could give me a split second advantage to seeing a deer coming out of the tree line.

#1brackcorora this is a pretty common and simple mod on lots of auto forums. I have no idea how to do it on a Corolla, but in many cases it is just making a jumper wire in your fuse box. Hopefully someone that is knowledgeable and a lot less self righteous will come forward and offer a solution or idea rather than a smarmy opinion.

Thanks for your constructive reply SCQTT. I also use the corrolla to commute about 70km daily in northern Canada. Many critters out there, in the dark, trying to get hit by my little racer. I could drive my 1 ton deisel equipped with many light bars, but why mile it out? I also considered hiding a thin light bar in the grill of the yota. But I just figured some ditch lighting via LED fogs would be sufficient. Was just looking for a quick answer, rather than having to figure it out on my own. I think that is the purpose of this forum.

As for Internet tough guy DJAnnexAlpha, I hope you successfully slow down those speeders out there by driving slow in the fast lanes. Until then, buy a Hyundai and join that forum, so we don't have to read your adolescent responses.

Really? You people could just keep your trap shut if you do not have an answer. This guy did not ask your opinion if he should do it, he asked if anyone knew how. Do you know his circumstances? Perhaps you live in a large metro area and do not need your lights for anything more than other drivers seeing you.

I drive for long distances on two lane country roads at night. I seldom see other cars, but see deer EVERY single night that I drive. The fogs slightly wider spread of light could give me a split second advantage to seeing a deer coming out of the tree line.

#1brackcorora this is a pretty common and simple mod on lots of auto forums. I have no idea how to do it on a Corolla, but in many cases it is just making a jumper wire in your fuse box. Hopefully someone that is knowledgeable and a lot less self righteous will come forward and offer a solution or idea rather than a smarmy opinion.
Thanks for your constructive reply SCQTT. I also use the corrolla to commute about 70km daily in northern Canada. Many critters out there, in the dark, trying to get hit by my little racer. I could drive my 1 ton deisel equipped with many light bars, but why mile it out? I also considered hiding a thin light bar in the grill of the yota. But I just figured some ditch lighting via LED fogs would be sufficient. Was just looking for a quick answer, rather than having to figure it out on my own. I think that is the purpose of this forum.

As for Internet tough guy DJAnnexAlpha, I hope you successfully slow down those speeders out there by driving slow in the fast lanes. Until then, buy a Hyundai and join that forum, so we don't have to read your adolescent responses.

Boy oh boy you guys(or gals) are new here, give it time...you shall understand my humor. I must say that was a funny read, that made my day. Anyway. You can use the high beams and fog lights together. Simply snip the positive wire from the fog light and solder it to the positive of the high beam. Snip the negative and solder it to the negative of the high beam. Do that for both and it should work. As far as I know, the wire gauges are the same. Worst case scenario, the power from the high beam is too much for the low beam and you pop the fog lights or the fuse. Oh and you can always buy a pair of COB leds from Ebay. They are cheap and ridiculously bright. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Super-Br...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a9e1f0b34&vxp=mtr

I played around with the pair I bought but haven't installed them yet.

Last pic is the COB led turned on in bright daylight and it puts out an insane amount of light.

Jlinn

what type of bulbs are on the corolla i can't find it online im going to get some purple violet headlights and super bright yellow fogs

what type of bulbs are on the corolla i can't find it online im going to get some purple violet headlights and super bright yellow fogs
You mean for the low beams? If you mean low beams then no go. The low beam is a LED focused through a projector lens. The fog light you can go two routes. Get LED fog light housings with the LED built in or get bulbs.