2014 Corolla S Plus

I purchased a 2014 Corolla s plus on labor day, not even a month of owning it and tire pressure light has come on, 2nd time was Monday Sept 30th after taking it to toyota the Saturday before to fix it. I have an appointment to get power mirrors fixed as they do not work(not sure if like that at time of purchase as they were set to good position for me) went through car wash and saw one moved, had to hand adjust, and then finally the alarm continues to go off intermittently. Anyone else who purchased this vehicle have or had any of these problems?

A tire pressure sensor alerting you to low tire pressure is an indication that a tire is low on air. Any tire can get punctured. It's not a problem, that's just life.

I was tying to decide between the Corolla S Plus and the Focus. The focus is more fun to drive and has a little more pep. The Corolla has more room and the engine compartment has more room as well. I do most of my repair work and it looks much easyer to get to all the engine components. I have 1200 miles on it and I am averaging 33 mpg normal mixed driving.

pmmm

I recently bought a S Plus for my wife. She loves the car. It has 2560 miles on it thus far and it's pretty much perfect. A couple odd annoyances with the blue tooth streaming from her IPhone 5 but other than that it's been rock solid. She does not like the fact that she cannot rest her arm on the door armrest and still manage the steering wheel with that arm. It's pretty far from the driver. I drove it and experienced the same thing. On a long trip it's a pain the neck. Other than that ergonomic complaint it's a pretty decent car. She is getting 35.7 average MPG thus far on the car.

I went into the garage the other day after the car had been off and sitting for awhile and I heard what sounded like a pump or some kind of motor going in the rear of the car. Sounded like in the gas tank maybe. I went back into the house and went back to the garage a little while later than the sound had stopped. Anyway know what that might be?

Pat

pmmm

I know the pump is in the tank but why would it be running when the car had been stopped and in the garage for well over several hours?Does it pump automatically to keep pressure up by chance? I can understand the pump running when the engine is running but the fact that the car had been off for several hours has me baffled.

Last edited:
Luckbox2013 - It has been almost three months since your post and you've had many Corolla forum members respond for you, honoring your request for assistance.

How about an update?

I recently bought a S Plus for my wife. She loves the car. It has 2560 miles on it thus far and it's pretty much perfect. A couple odd annoyances with the blue tooth streaming from her IPhone 5 but other than that it's been rock solid. She does not like the fact that she cannot rest her arm on the door armrest and still manage the steering wheel with that arm. It's pretty far from the driver. I drove it and experienced the same thing. On a long trip it's a pain the neck. Other than that ergonomic complaint it's a pretty decent car. She is getting 35.7 average MPG thus far on the car.

I went into the garage the other day after the car had been off and sitting for awhile and I heard what sounded like a pump or some kind of motor going in the rear of the car. Sounded like in the gas tank maybe. I went back into the house and went back to the garage a little while later than the sound had stopped. Anyway know what that might be?

Pat
That is perfectly normal. It is an evaporative leak test.