2014 Corolla S Transmission Fail afer update

I went to update the software of 2014 Corolla S, and you will feel he difference after update especially in cruise mode very obvious, after 4 to 5 days I was on my way and gear stuck and car stopped moving and mechanic told me you need a new transmission, totally screwed as car is out of warranty and have to pay the remaining loan. I wish Toyota do something better for their most selling car.

Did they replaced any parts during the software update? How many miles have been run with your Corolla S. I have same model running 12k now.

mechanic told me you need a new transmission, totally screwed as car is out of warranty and have to pay the remaining loan. I wish Toyota do something better
Then it's one of two things :
1. The problem is update related - The JSD campaign provide for replacement. Maybe they should have replaced the VBC-solenoid and didn't. Campaign specify that all the diagnostic data is sent to Toyota so you have a source.
2. The problem is not update related - then it's one of those "it happens" thing. Sadly, no car, Corolla or not, is 100% fail proof.
In both cases be very firm demanding a specific diagnostic of the source of the problem, not just "you need a new trans".

I went to update the software of 2014 Corolla S, and you will feel he difference after update especially in cruise mode very obvious, after 4 to 5 days I was on my way and gear stuck and car stopped moving and mechanic told me you need a new transmission, totally screwed as car is out of warranty and have to pay the remaining loan. I wish Toyota do something better for their most selling car.
Maybe get a 6MT next time? I sure trust a 6MT more then a CVT.

Damn straight! Have to get these younger drivers to understand how much more fun it is to drive a 6MT. I can't count the times I've seen someone with a CVT say that they wish they had bought a 6MT. As a car guy I have to do everything I can to save the MT and to allow new drivers to enjoy the fun.

It will just get worse. They will force autonomous cars on us want them or not, and the younger generation are all for it. Man driving is boring and has been for some time.

Man driving is boring and has been for some time.
I don't agree. Driving is what you make it. It depends on your car and the road. The more involved you are with the car the better the driving experience. I enjoy the driving experience much more in my 89 Supercharged MR2 and 09 Corolla S Turbo because then my 10 Prius or 95 Previa S/C because the cars involve me more. They handle better, they feel better and they are both a MT which for es me to control the car more. Come out my way and I'll show you how fun driving can be with the right car.

I enjoyed driving much more years ago when I had my 1969 mustang cobra jet with the 428 cid mill, 4 pull, 350 gears that loved being thrown into a 4 wheel power slide on a back road. Front wheel drives just don't cut it for me. Then in 1971 we started the downhill slide with detoxed engines and the end finally came with the '73 oil embargo and the econobox. True, some of the stuff out there attempts to capture the spirit, but it is gone. If I miss anything it is rear wheel drive. Those cars could really be tricked suspension wise and would they handle.

I enjoyed driving much more years ago when I had my 1969 mustang cobra jet with the 428 cid mill, 4 pull, 350 gears that loved being thrown into a 4 wheel power slide on a back road. Front wheel drives just don't cut it for me. Then in 1971 we started the downhill slide with detoxed engines and the end finally came with the '73 oil embargo and the econobox. True, some of the stuff out there attempts to capture the spirit, but it is gone. If I miss anything it is rear wheel drive. Those cars could really be tricked suspension wise and would they handle.
Most any decent handling car with out handle a 69 Mustang unless it has been upgraded. RWD is fun and my MR2 is RWD, but a well set up FWD car can be a blast. Try driving the new Civic Type R. That thing is insane, ugly, but insane and handles great. You would be shocked if you drove my 09 Corolla S Turbo. I've done a lot to that car and while the tail end doesn't come around since it's FWD it's very neutral in the mountains and pushes so hard in the corners that it's a blast. The MR2 will come around if I want it too but it's much more planted than an older car like a stock 69 Mustang. Things have come a long way since the turds that came out just after the oil embargo. Most people on here don't have a clue from that era. You need to get yourself a car that will put some fun back into driving for you. Nothing wrong with the Corolla for a commuter or you can do what I did to your Corolla to make it a really fun car, unique too!

Unfortunately, new Corolla's do have a number of issues with their transmission system. My brother owns a Corolla of two thousand and fifteenth year of issue, and he absolutely hates it with the true passion! A poor laddie did not listen to me when I told him to get a jeep compass instead.

yes most were upgraded, but only two years later the Hurst Olds 455 with the W30 package handled right from the factory and with the exceptions of a modified Supra or Nissan Skyline there aren't too many other rice burners that stood a chance. I don't argue because it is pointless, if people think they have a hot Asian car then they have a hot Asian car. I would take a new Shelby 350, a Camaro SS, or a Challenger Hellcat over anything the Japanese are making. You have a nice collection I grant you that, but I'd go with American iron for sheer thrill. I still feel that most new cars are boring and driving has lost a lot of fun. Boredom is subjective not comparative.

yes most were upgraded, but only two years later the Hurst Olds 455 with the W30 package handled right from the factory and with the exceptions of a modified Supra or Nissan Skyline there aren't too many other rice burners that stood a chance. I don't argue because it is pointless, if people think they have a hot Asian car then they have a hot Asian car. I would take a new Shelby 350, a Camaro SS, or a Challenger Hellcat over anything the Japanese are making. You have a nice collection I grant you that, but I'd go with American iron for sheer thrill. I still feel that most new cars are boring and driving has lost a lot of fun. Boredom is subjective not comparative.
Always hard to compare when people prefer different things. I prefer handling as I love driving in all of the mountain roads where I live. Even before I turbocharged my 09 Corolla S it was more fun driving it in the mountains then driving my neighbors Hellcat in straight lines, at least to me. He admits though that his Hellcat is meant for wide open straight roads. Don't get me wrong, it's fast and it's fun but it gets old fast as it's always the same thing. A straight road is a straight road. Driving fun to me is rowing the gears through the mountains and feeling my internal organs pressing inside me from the lateral acceleration. A lot of cars are overkill these days with the power they put out since you can't legally use it on the street. I put great handling above maximum power though. That's why I hang out in Toyota forums where I meet a lot of like minded drivers! ;)

Muhammad Khan do you have an update as to what's currently happening with the car. I'm very curious. I have a 2016 Corolla Eco with 83,000 miles. I'm strongly considering trading it before it needs major work.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Hmmm. OP has posted a grand total of one post, and not logged on since. I'm guessing bs post.
Or maybe he bought a new Jeep Compass and is sitting on the side of the road, broken down?
Considering the OP only made has only one post and hasn't come back, I think it's most definitely a troll. This forum seems to get quite a bit of them so nothing new.