2014 Corolla - Scan Option On Audio System

I recently purchased a 2014 Corolla and am just familiarizing myself with the audio system - the touch screen version. According to the manual, selecting "scan" should prompt the system to move from station to station pausing at each for 5 seconds. My '07 Corolla did precisely this. But the 2014 pauses at each station for 10 seconds. This is far too long and it would take forever to go through the dial this way.

I called Toyota support for the sound system and they were incredibly unhelpful, told me there was no way to adjust the pause interval and to take it to a dealer. I've been told perhaps the manual hasn't been updated, that maybe all 2014 Corollas do this. I can't imagine why, as pausing too long on a station renders the scan function pointless. Can anyone help me with this? Is my audio system faulty or does everyone's behave this way?

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your response! :) Why on earth would they make it 10 seconds? It'll take forever to go through the dial at that rate. That's way too long.:thumbdown:

Can anyone confirm this kind person's feedback. Are they all this way?