2014 Fuel Mileage

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
2014 Owners, what kind of fuel mileage are you getting. I have had mine about 4 weeks now, (S Plus Automatic) and noticed my fuel mileage continues to increase. My last fill up, I got 41.3 mpg. I am loving it!!

Last edited:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
how are you driving for those high mileage conditions, coasting to lights etc....

how did you calculate math or trip puter,, do they both add up close to the same or not...

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
how are you driving for those high mileage conditions, coasting to lights etc....

how did you calculate math or trip puter,, do they both add up close to the same or not...
Yes, I do a good bit of coasting to lights and down slight grades. I use the cruise control when on open roads too. I mainly watch my speeds.
I always check my mileage manually by dong the math. It is the ONLY true way to know exactly what your fuel mileage actually is. I never rely on the display to get actual mileage. I have had several vehicles with these mileage indicators and none of them have been accurate.

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
Nice! Are you drafting trucks or shutting the engine down while you coast down a hill?
I don't draft trucks, usually they pass me and I very rarely shut my engine off unless I am going to be sitting at a light very long or out of my car. I use to leave it running as I got out while running errands but now I just shut it off.
I do put it in neutral when coasting down some long hills quite often though.

I don't get so close to the trucks that I won't have time to brake. Seen people do that. Cops write reckless tickets if you get that close. You can still benefit from draft while maintaining a safe distance with how short the roofline is on the Corolla. Can keep the mileage bar at 55+ on flat road at 60 mph doing that.

2014 LE: I'm getting between 35 and 40 mpg, mixed highway and city.
I'm a light-foot, and coast when I can. On the highway, I set cruise for 60-65 mph, which makes me the slowest car on the road so I can just cruise non-stop in the right lane.

Based on my trip odo and gallons added at refuels.

I've been getting better and better gas mileage... currently @ 1000 miles. My first tank was garbage gas mileage... only lasted like 200 miles. This new tank on shell 87 octane has lasted me until now... so roughly 700ish miles.

what kind of fuel do you use on corolla s trim 2014 model?
Regular 87 octane fuel is all that is needed. There is no benefit to using higher octane fuel than what is recommended for your vehicle.

Using Premium gas in a vehicle that doesn't require it, wont help the engine. Save your money. :thumbsup:

Paying a Premium for High Octane Gasoline?

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...ctane-gasoline

Unless it’s recommended by your owner’s manual, don’t spend the money on high octane gas. In most cases, there’s no benefit. Higher octane helps only if you have problems with your engine “knocking.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Takeda intake installed today... the only installation fitment issue the heat shield... (isnt much of a heat shield anyway) however everything else fits like a glove. Mpg updates soon!

I can say the takeda has gained me a few mpg 2-3... and running it without the heatshield def. Let's nice and hot air in to aid in gains. Wot sounds great but there's not much of a sound difference anywhere below wot.

Down here in Las Vegas, I own the corolla S+ (cvt) and I drive it in manual sport mode (yes the mode in manual does make a difference 45+ (zooming on the freeway doing
80-100 easily and the gauge for gas usage stays well above 35 mph average. (In city I get 34.2 on the free ways I can get it at 40+) (several long tests on several tanks of gas for each "mode") now the only thing I did instantly was change the box filter to a K&N filter) after 1200 miles in "manual" I get way better gas and speed than Eco mode. Before it would average out at 29-30 mpg but with the shifting, it sky rocketed, with more control, not to mention it's super easy to get 0-60 if you wanna burn gas, instead of the average 9.1-9.9s every mag or review give, I can drop it easily 0-60 in 8.1 and still maintain a decent average of 28mpg combined. And this is all stock minus the airbox filter change. Which I noticed a much "easier" up and go. Just my 2cents.

=^.^= kitsune

Attachments

Hand calculated, drive the same roads everyday. This fill up by calculation has gained me 3 mpg since the takeda sri install with no heatshield.

Full tank to quarter tank remaining is where I always fill up. And yes the roads are very similar daily. My average on the cars computer also rose.