2014 Hood Deflector Installed

I took mine off because it holds the front of the hood up too high. I was afraid it might stay that way permanently.
Currently I have a LeBra sports bra installed.
I don't really care about how it looks but more for its function.
I've already had to fill some paint chips.
YouTube makes it look easy. Ha!

I took mine off because it holds the front of the hood up too high. I was afraid it might stay that way permanently.
Currently I have a LeBra sports bra installed.
I don't really care about how it looks but more for its function.
I've already had to fill some paint chips.
YouTube makes it look easy. Ha!
Careful with those LeBra's, if you dont keep them clean dirt gets under it and acts like sandpaper on your paint.

Thinking about doing the clear bra? That's the ticket these days...Just like transparent film over your painted parts.
Ya my parents got one when they purchased their Venza brand new from the same dealership and I was really impressed on how thick/high quality it was while remaining almost invisible.

I ordered the FormFit hood protector. $106 (I know, it's expensive). But $56 of that is shipping(?!!). It will get here next week. I'll update with pictures once installed. The have a new installation method that does not require as many parts as per OP original installation. They call it RapideFit. Here's their info:
RAPIDE FIT FEATURES
  • Uses a unique system of 3M automotive grade tape and stainless steel brackets to ensure a secure installation.
  • Stainless steel brackets aid centering and position protector perfectly every time.
  • Comprehensive installation instructions are provided for each unique installation.
  • Average installation time is 5 minutes using only common hand tools.

Toyota Corolla 2014-Up

• New RapideFit Hood Protector.
  • Modern hood protector styling. Extra low profile. Black 3mm high gloss acrylic.
  • Uses a unique system of 3M automotive grade tape and stainless steel brackets to ensure a secure installation.
  • Stainless steel brackets aid in centering and positioning hood protector perfectly every time.

Attachments

I have my reservations as well, but hopefully the 3M film, if properly installed, should be sufficient to protect the paint. If you see this thread at http://www.corollaforum.com/threads/2014-corolla-hood-deflector.2898/#post-19699 you'll notice the OP there also had the same hood deflector as the OP here. There, you'll see that the deflector is indeed an OE Toyota only offered in Canada. and if you look closely at the instructions, it also has 3M film and metal brackets as well.