2014 (or 2015) LE Suspension/interior vs. S (plus)

I was looking at/driving both models today.

The LE suspension was very soft vs. the S. Almost uncomfortably soft and squirrely on the road. Like I wouldn't trust it in an accident accident avoidance maneuver. The LE did have 70K miles vs. 30K on the S. Are they normally that soft or was the LE worn thin at 70K?

Is the dash in the S / Plus always scaled up to a higher level? The LE was very plain. Old school plain, with three round climate control knobs, nothing on the digital display LED screen aside from the radio, two simple plain dash pods for tach/speedo, etc. The S was far more modern, with multiple button control for the climate, info display on the dash LED screen (as well as above the controls), lots of info on the dash, etc. Is this the normal variation, or are some LE's upscaled too or some S models scaled back?

I was looking at/driving both models today.

The LE suspension was very soft vs. the S. Almost uncomfortably soft and squirrely on the road. Like I wouldn't trust it in an accident accident avoidance maneuver. The LE did have 70K miles vs. 30K on the S. Are they normally that soft or was the LE worn thin at 70K?

Is the dash in the S / Plus always scaled up to a higher level? The LE was very plain. Old school plain, with three round climate control knobs, nothing on the digital display LED screen aside from the radio, two simple plain dash pods for tach/speedo, etc. The S was far more modern, with multiple button control for the climate, info display on the dash LED screen (as well as above the controls), lots of info on the dash, etc. Is this the normal variation, or are some LE's upscaled too or some S models scaled back?
well the LE trim is almost the base trim and the S trim is a higher trim. the LE Plus trim will give you more options like climate control, sun roof, gps, etc.

nothing on the digital display LED screen aside from the radio
Sound more like an "L", the basic stripped budget/entry price point version. The LE and S share the same touchscreen radio with back-up camera (navigation optional on both). Higher versions of both also have auto-climate, not knobs.
L and LE have the same three pods instrument cluster, though, with a small screen for the trip computer, S has the two pods with larger screen for the trip computer, and one more piano black strip than LE.
L has dark grey cloth seats while LE comes in a variety of interior colors, including colored panels and pin stripe on door and dash. S offer part or full softex seats, depending on versions.
And yes the S has a slightly firmer ride, especially versions with 17'' wheels, but I'm not sure that would be to the point you noticed.

Ah, thanks. Maybe it was an L... I will have to check that. So, there are versions of the climate controls (strip vs. knob) in the LS and the S? I might see an S with the knobs? Is it the Plus version of both that have the strip vs. knobs, or is that just an option that could come with or without plus?

How rare is the S? Few and far between, or a fair number of them around?

Ah, thanks. Maybe it was an L... I will have to check that. So, there are versions of the climate controls (strip vs. knob) in the LS and the S? I might see an S with the knobs? Is it the Plus version of both that have the strip vs. knobs, or is that just an option that could come with or without plus? How rare is the S? Few and far between, or a fair number of them around?
I'm from Canada, where cars are marketed differently because of the weak dollar. Here, auto climate strip was a Eco, Plus or Premium thing including for S (but heated seat were standard :). In US only the most basic "L" had knobs. By the way, the L also had no cruise control and cheaper fabric for the seats.

I have no clue about availability. Toyota always told that it was 10% S, 10% Eco and 80% LE. I see far less Eco than S, though. As far as I'm concerned, the LE (mine is a LE Eco) was the better value as they came with comparable equipment. But, for some, options like manual or paddle shifters for the CVT,17 alloys option, rear discs, slightly "sportier", slightly more bolstered softex seats, two pods cluster and different fascia worth the price premium. I don't know how that translate on the used market.