2014 toyota corolla oil change issue

Hi there, a few months ago i bought a 2014 toyota corrolla from the dealer with 23,000 miles on it. Took it in for its 25,000 mile service covered under toyota and they told me that their records show that the oil has not benn changed since 10,000 miles, they have owned the car since new as a loaner. Not very hapy about it, is it real hard on the engine to go over 6,000 miles on the oil change? And i was told that the oil was changed at 20,000 miles when i bought it. Having a sitdown with the service manager and sales guy who sold it to me, and need to get something out of this.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Did you examine the oil yourself? If you bought the car with 23k miles on it and the oil was supposedly changed at 20k miles, it should be fairly easy to tell on brand new engines. If there is 13k miles on your current oil, it should be pretty noticeable both visually and by smell. The fact that the car was a loaner does worry me, but that is because I have seen what people do when something doesn't belong to them. During normal driving(not something many rental cars see), the Corolla should not have issues with 10k oil drain intervals. If they went 13k, you might be okay especially since it was early on in the vehicle's life. However it is not something anyone can guarantee to you over the internet without doing a full oil analysis.

I wouldn't worry about your oil being 6k over miles... I suggest you changing your oil yourself after this oil change and doing full synthetic and calling it a day!!

Take 20 minute to do!!!

Its been proven that oil is design to last way longer then 10k.

I alway do my own oil changes , can't trust no one!! Even the dealership!!!

Shouldn't be a problem, as 0W-20 is synthetic. Synthetic is stable enough to go a long way further than recommended intervals (not that its not a good thing to do more frequent changes).
Only issue is that you don't know how the car was handled as a loaner meanwhile. They said oil was done (most likely) and now they say it wasn't. May even be their computer data lacking !
Again, always have this kind of detail written in the contract. Who knows when it might come handy !