2015 Alits Air Con

Soon

Hi Guys - I need some help with my Air con. Whenever I start my car in the morning, and have the air con on, it come out with a mouldy smell. The smell usually goes off after a few minutes. This car is still under warranty is am thinking of bring it back to Toyota Service Center to have them do a check. Does anyone have the same problem as what I am facing now? Any tips given will be much appreciate.

sometimes air conditioning units keep moisture in their hoses which eventually can leak inside the cars, is your warranty still available? I would suggest you take your car to the same place where you have gotten your services, or look a good independent place where they could check it. Perhaps you just need a new filter? Good luck!

Yea it’s your cabin filter. Change it every 6 months. You can also get a Ac foam service done. It deodorizes your evaporator and vents. I’m pretty sure all Toyota Dealerships have it.

When I run my AC, I usually turn it off a couple of minutes before reaching my destination and blow fresh air through the vents at a high setting. This will help dry out the moisture in the AC system to minimize the mildew smell.