2015 Corolla - OTD price

Anyone purchased a 2015 Corolla, L Automatic? What was the total OTD (out of the door) price?

• I have received quotations that all add up to around $17500 (including taxes, plates/registration, freight and dealer fees).
  • Most dealers are charging $825 for freight and $600 in dealer processing fees.
  • What would be a good deal in your opinion? I am thinking around $16000 max.
  • Note: I have seen discounted price (so called no haggle prices) hovering around $14500 with an additional $1000 for military discount (for which I technically don't qualify). MSRP is around $18500.

Reasons:

• L trim with automatic is in lower demand than LE or S trims. Yes, it is boring to drive but I hate CVTs and cannot afford the S/LE Eco trim.
  • No trade-ins.
  • Will likely end up paying by certified check. Wont take financing. (Is getting a $16000 in one go an advantage for dealership)?

Should I start around $15500 and work my way up to $16000 or start with $16000 and work my way up to $16500? I am in no hurry to buy but would like the car by mid-Feb.

Thanks

Kev250R

This is my other car
It'll likely depend on where you are in the country. From what I've seen on this board prices vary based on location. Probably related to demand; here is So.Cal. I see a lot of new Corolla's on the road which tells me demand is high and from what I've seen so are prices.

Paying with a cashiers check likely won't make much of a difference. The only time I've seen paying cash make a difference has been at the no-name car lots or with a private seller.

Happy shopping!

Kevin

I agree with the above comment about Truecar. While I don't know anyone who swears by it, I can say from looking around that it was able to give me realistic estimates of what I was in fact able to negotiate on various makes and models. After spending some time with this CVT, I can say that I probably would have opted for the 12 year old 4 speed automatic if it was an option in the LE trim. I like having a few options on my cars like heated seats. I wish the moonroof wasn't standard with my trim though as I can't stand them.

Thomas

I live in a city with a lot of Toyota dealerships. Set up a new e-mail account that you use just for contacting dealerships (so you don't have to deal with spam in your main e-mail account). Use their online forms or contact information for their Internet/fleet sales to get a quote. Only one dealership wouldn't give me a quote without coming in because they accused me of being a "secret shopper" for another dealership. One other dealership tried to "educate" me on prices saying that it was bad for everybody (including the customer) to have prices that low. Most dealerships gave me an initial quote lower than True Car, and ultimately I got two dealerships bidding against each other and I ended up getting a price substantially lower than True Car.

I got a survey from Toyota the following week in which I named the offending dealerships and what they did. Hopefully someone from Toyota actually reads it (and acts on it).