2015 Corolla - Replace Manual A/C Control Unit With Automatic Unit

i would like to know if it is possible to replace the manual A/C control unite with automatic one
if it is possible what is the required parts to buy and the procedure to install :huh::huh:

i would like to know if it is possible to replace the manual A/C control unite with automatic one
if it is possible what is the required parts to buy and the procedure to install :huh::huh:
I don't know, but I sure don't think it would be worth it. I actually prefer using mine in manual mode, to me the automatic control is more of a gimmick than anything else. I can tell if I'm too warm or too cold better than a temperature sensor can. I imagine it would be rather expensive due to the sensors etc. involved, plus you would need to change the control cluster. Big bucks, I bet.

Last edited:
likely not easy. why settle for a particular vehicle for price and spend money on getting options that are on other models. Why not spend the extra cash a and get the model with auto air already in it?

likely not easy. why settle for a particular vehicle for price and spend money on getting options that are on other models. Why not spend the extra cash a and get the model with auto air already in it?
in the country where i bought the car the full option corolla do not came with auto air conditioning or cruse control or rear view camera, sure i do not want to bay extra cash, waiting your help!!!

As my ole body shop instructor used to say, "With enough time and money we can take your old door handle and build a new car around it."

Can it be done? Yes. Will it cost two arms and a leg? Yes. Besides several critical components, you shall probably need to replace a couple of wire harnesses and probably the dash--all due to the sensors. The best suggestion I have is to buy a factory manual and compare the wiring for the auto air vs the regular unit. You also need to determine exactly what is different in respect to components and this won't be easy as you will probably need a Crash Estimating Manual for part numbers for various items. You could, of course, by way of the wiring diagrams alone "mickey mouse" a conversion by running various wires, but I would not recommend this.
Another idea is to find a suitable wreck (a vehicle which can be sectioned giving you the front half of the car) and then slowly substituting part for part, wire harness for wire harness, etc.
There is not a suitable vehicle outside of the country which could be bought and legally shipped into your country?

Last edited: