2015 corolla S plus

i have 2015 corolla S+,sometimes i like to drive with manual shifting ,is there a cert en speed it has to reach before it you can shift in to 7th gear usually it goes into 6th gear,but the other day i was going about 50mph and looked at instrument panel it showed 7th gear ,i wasn't aware there was 7 speed transmission,i usually drive in auto D mode,i just wanted to try the manual shifting .

There is no such thing as a 7 speed transmission in the Corolla as the CVT is simply simulating set gear ratios when in manual mode. Lots of cars these days have 8 and 9 speed transmissions. The newer Corvettes and Porsche's with the actual manual transmission do have available 7 speeds, but I have not heard of 7 speed automatics. Ford is coming out with a 10 speed transmission next year for their trucks and large SUV's.

I work for the company that makes transmissions. It's called ZF my company was the first ones with a 7 spd manual that was actually made for the porsche 911 back in 2012.

Yes, and those are 7 speed manual transmissions. I do not think I have seen an actual 7 speed automatic although I do not keep up with the latest cars as much these days. Considering how tall 7th gear is, I think 6 speed manuals will continue to be fine.