2015 Corolla Stereo will only play one MP3 on a thumb drive

I just bought a certified preowned 2015 Corolla to replace the Yaris that I lost in the flood a few weeks ago.

When I put my USB thumb drive in the USB port and try to play songs, it will only see one MP3 in a folder. I try to get it to play random and it will only see that one song.

I know about the 255 song per folder limit and have less than 200 songs in each one, yet it still does this. The drive is a 32GB Lexar formatted with FAT32.

What I would like to do is to be able to play songs at random across all folders, but am not able to do that.

I have the stereo with the touch screen and backup camera.

Anyone have any advice about this?

Thanks.

RedStickHam

jolly

Upon start, the unit does an inventory of the drive that may takes up to a couple of minutes, depending.
During that period you'll see only one song (the current that was playing the last time and/or the first ever recorded on the drive if the last one is over).
After that short delay you should be able to see all your songs. If not, try another drive. Then check that your files are in a proper format with not too long names.
If you still have a problem, then maybe it's the unit or the USB plug.

What brand is your thumb drive? I have a SanDisk thumb drive with 900+ songs in 1 folder simply label MUSIC and works flawlessly in my head unit