2015 Toyota Corolla S - Carfax Showing Structural Damage

Hello,

A toyota corolla i am looking at is clean, but it is showing structural damage based on auctioneer at the auction from a visual inspection. The car doesn't have any frame damage or anything, clean title, not rebuilt or salvaged. Has anyone bought a car where the car fax showed that? I have been reading, a lot say just to be careful and make sure the car has not been in a major accident. This car i am looking at has never had the airbags deployed.

if i were to buy it, would i face anything if i were to sell it in the future or no?

It's your call to buy or not. Where I live I can run the vin# with insurance and that will tell me what accidents it was in and how much the claim was for. I personally am not against buying a car that has been in an accident as long as I know how much and what the damage was. If it has been repaired properly the only thing you will face in the future is how much someone else will be willing to buy it from you with damage history. My personal decision to buy would also depend on the damage that was sustained. The last car I bought a few months ago had about $1500 in damage to the rear, so basically cosmetic/bumper cover, so no big deal. I would likely stay away from structural damage, again this is all my personal opinion.

A car today can have a lot of damage and not be a total loss (due to the value) or carry a salvage title. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the crumple zones are a one time use aren't they. They can be pulled out and look good, but won't function in a bad wreck again so this can be a major safety issue. Also, some crooked body guys will stuff the airbag slots with some type of filler instead of replacing a deployed airbag. I've heard that second hand. Like I said may be BS, May be true. Anybody also hear this? I've bought two cars that were in wrecks when I was young and broke, but I've always seen the damage to the car before it was repaired.