2015 white paint chip?

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by 可愛いKawaiiNIsaki, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Hello, I have had my 2015 for over a year now, it’s white, and now it has rock chips on the hood and black lines and chips on the front bumper where the paint for chipped on the front bumper all over. I drive normally and on the highway. Someone told me Toyota didn’t do a good job on the white paint on this model. Is this normal? Other cars have less chips than mine. Is it me having a white car? I’m getting the touch up paint from Toyota but will I constantly have to keep touching up the paint? I wash and wax the car a good amount too. Thanks

Blackielance likes this.
  2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Blackielance

Blackielance New Member

I have a similar problem though my car is only a few months old and already has some chipping on the paint on the hood. I have heard that the paint was done really cheaply and I thinking about just taking it to a body shop and having them at least repaint my hood with a thicker clear coat.

可愛いKawaiiNIsaki likes this.
  4. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Mine is the slate gray and my hood has also got rock chips. I keep a bottle of touch up paint nearby.
    I have a Lebra cover for just the hood, if I travel on the highway a lot I put this on.
    I’ve tried the AVS bug deflector too, but I don’t like how it holds the hood up on the front corners.
    I guess when it gets bad enough I’ll wrap it in carbon fiber vinyl. Just kidding! I’ll get it repainted.

可愛いKawaiiNIsaki likes this.
  5. Halfkoreanboy972

Halfkoreanboy972 New Member

I have the blue crush color and my paint is chipping and falling off too

6. JoshTRD

JoshTRD New Member

just throw some clear 3m vinyl about 1/4 over your hood.....they put vinyl over the hoods of high end cars like porch or BMW....and if you don't want to do it...a local tint shop probably can.