2016, 40K miles

I just bought a used 2016. Really like it so far. Perfect for me & my life. BUT ... The tint (don’t know #) on my back window blocks my back view in a disturbing way. I didn’t realise how much/often I looked behind me in my traded-in no-tint Avalon. I will lower back seats for more view - but I don’t feel 100% safe now. Shall I try get used to it in few weeks or have it taken off? Thanks.

I would try to give it some time, but if it is any lower than 20% you may want to have it removed or replaced. Do you have a backup camera? That will help at night.

i drove a pickup without a back window at all for 5 years. after i bought my corolla i still rarely use the rear view mirror. the backup camera and great side mirrors give me no need to look out of it

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I have my rear window tinted you will get used to it if asked. Now if you personally want it removed keep in mind the Defrosters as well radio antenna are on the rear. You may want to look into how to remove tint off a rear window and good luck.

Give it time. I've had tint on all my cars (it gets hot in Georgia summers) and when I drive a rental or someone else's car without tint it feels weird to me. You'll eventually get used to it!

I have tint on every one of my 7 cars. I hate it when I drive a car without tinted windows. I have 20% - 35% tint on my rear windows. I did just have the tint on my 95 Previa removed and replaced with 15%. The tint was damaged and I wanted it darker on my Previa. Just keep driving it and you will get used to it.