2016 Corolla Sports mode.

How can I get this to be the Default mode when starting the car? A simple software item under Setup , vehicle, etc where door locks, climate, and lights are would e the obvious spot???? Or can the dealer do a press this and touch that short cut sequence etc????

Ps thank you for the door lock options!!!! The all lock and all unlock options are wonderful for older folks like me (56 <smile> ) who think when you unlock your driver door ALL the doors can and should be unlocked.

do you have a 2016? Will the car shift automatically in this mode? I just want the Sports mode shifting and not to use the paddle shifters or etc.

I don't want to have to hit the Sport button every time i put the car into Drive. I just want to Drive away in Sports mode.

Please tell me where the S is on the 2016?

Thanks.

do you have a 2016? Will the car shift automatically in this mode? I just want the Sports mode shifting and not to use the paddle shifters or etc.

I don't want to have to hit the Sport button every time i put the car into Drive. I just want to Drive away in Sports mode.

Please tell me where the S is on the 2016?

Thanks.

I don't HAVE and S mode on the floor shifter on a 2016 Corolla ???

HanSolo

Is your car a Corolla L with the 4 speed automatic? If so, I do not know. I would have preferred that transmission over this lifeless CVT but Toyota makes it impossible to buy it because you have to get the L base model.

No it is a 2016 Corolla S (this is a "special" edition) with a 6 speed CVT automatic. THE ONLY WAY to put the engine and tranny in "SPORT" mode is to push a little button on the console to toggle between ECO and SPORT. I want to understand if there is a programmable option to have it START in Sport mode.

I don't think anybody knows.

HanSolo

Probably not. If there is no option in the general settings part of the computer screen where you can set different options, then probably not.

Do you prefer the feel of having fixed gear ratios? Otherwise, there isn't any benefit to having the computer simulate shifts like on a traditional transmission. One of the reasons for the fuel economy benefits of a CVT is because the computer selects from a theoretically infinite number of gear ratios depending on the situation for best efficiency. I would easily give up those benefits for fixed gear ratios in a traditional automatic. The Focus for instance has a 6 speed DCT and gets 40mpg which is only 2mpg shy of the Civic(also has a CVT) which is the fuel economy leader in this class.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
When I rented this.....

And of what I remember.

the Sports mode is a button, but is this button not an on & off type. once pushed On it would stay on, but since it automatically resets, then why not try to hardwire it, and try . be a easy mod to do. if you do not want to hard wire then you will have to change the push button so it is like the older types.

Hey there. I'm very familiar with the cars electrical systems through my constant Messing with them. No there is no way through the car to make sport mode turn on automatically. I don't know why you'd want that though. I find sport mode to be useless. I either drive in standard drive mode or what you reference as the "paddle shifter mode" although i use the shift knob to change "gears" rather than the paddle shifters. Oh and just for your knowledge there are no specific number of speeds in a CVT transmission. There are no gears. I suggest looking up how a CVT works so it makes sense. Even the fake sport shift mode shows 7 fake speeds rather than 6 lol. So theres nk such thing as "6 speed CVT automatic". Hope this helps!