2016 LEDs

Hello,

I was going to order some LEDs for interior, rear license plate, reverse lights... My buddy ordered his from superbrightleds.com but when I use the bulb finder it only goes up to 2015 models. I'm assuming 2015 and 2016 is the same? Just wanted to confirm before buying.

Any suggestions of brands, types, or links to buy them from?
Also are they pretty easy to change?
Anything else I should LED while I'm at it?

Thanks in advance!

JoshTRD

Hello,

I was going to order some LEDs for interior, rear license plate, reverse lights... My buddy ordered his from superbrightleds.com but when I use the bulb finder it only goes up to 2015 models. I'm assuming 2015 and 2016 is the same? Just wanted to confirm before buying.

Any suggestions of brands, types, or links to buy them from?
Also are they pretty easy to change?
Anything else I should LED while I'm at it?

Thanks in advance!

everything is compatible for every year until the refresh, A refresh is a complete change of the cars design....which won't happen soon.

idk I haven't tried them yet just because you have to wire them in to the existing turn signals or something of that nature. They do make LED turn signals with built in resistors for turn signals but you still have to wire them in if you want them to do the parking light function for the front anyways. So there is still wiring to do. Not 100% plug and play. That's why I haven't done my turn signals yet. Everything else is done but those.

If you don't want what they call "hyper-blinking", when you get a turn signal light that is burned out and it flashes fast to let you know to check your blinkers, then you have to install load resistors so as to trick the car system to sense that all lights are in working order. That happens with LED's because they draw little current from the system. Also, because newer cars no longer use a blinker relay, but a computer to check the current flow, that is the reason to use the resistors. Here's an instructable on how to wire them: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Install-Load-Resistors-for-LED-Turn-Signal-/ . Hope it helps.

idk I haven't tried them yet just because you have to wire them in to the existing turn signals or something of that nature. They do make LED turn signals with built in resistors for turn signals but you still have to wire them in if you want them to do the parking light function for the front anyways. So there is still wiring to do. Not 100% plug and play. That's why I haven't done my turn signals yet. Everything else is done but those.
Yeah I was going to do everything but the blinkers b/c i didn't want to mess with wire just yet. lol

Hey TheDrainnoodle I like those tail lights how'd you get em like that are those stock? you got a picture of your rear end there?
Thanks man! Yes the lights are stock but then modified by me.. so I don't know if that's what you mean by stock or not lol. I replaced all of the lights with LEDs, then painted my design with VHT Nightshades. I made the design so that it blacked out all of the ugly and useless stuff but still allows all of the light from the lights and reflectors to be perfectly visible. In a couple days I'll post a detailed write up of what I've done to my car because some people have been asking and I'll link it here if i remember haha. IMG_8614.JPG