2016 S Premium CVT noise at idle

Hey Guys. I have a 2016 S Premium with just over 13k miles on it now. I noticed i have a bit of a squeak/squeeling that sounds like its coming from the CVT area. It only happens when the car is in drive, stopped, with your foot on the break. When you take your foot off the break, it goes away. Just wondering if anybody has experienced this at all?

I haven't heard anything like that, yet...i have a 2017, SE with the cvt,also. And I'm over 7K , so far...ill be exceeding your mileage in a few months! I got it with six miles from dealership.

I do, 100 miles one way to work everyday...so keep me informed, ill keep you informed!

I also hear a slight rattle when my car is idle...it's very faint and as soon as I lift my foot off the brake the rattle stops. When I sit at idle it takes 5 or 10 seconds before I hear the noise again. I am going to take her to the dealer next week for a diagnosis. hopefully it's something easy to repair.

Hey Guys. I have a 2016 S Premium with just over 13k miles on it now. I noticed i have a bit of a squeak/squeeling that sounds like its coming from the CVT area. It only happens when the car is in drive, stopped, with your foot on the break. When you take your foot off the break, it goes away. Just wondering if anybody has experienced this at all?
i hear you bro, 2016 s with the same issue, the only way to mute that sound is to put it on neutral when standing still. also what is really driving me crazy, is all those cracking and banging sounds when i hit a pothole or uneven surfaces, sounds like the car is falling apart.

I'm having the same problem as well.
More louder at basement and it is driving me nuts.
Anyone fixed this at dealer?
I'm getting response from dealer that "this is normal for corolla".

Update on this. The noise mysteriously completely stopped. I have 16,500 miles on it now. Car is straight piped now so i wouldn't be able to hear it anymore anyway

Since all of you say you hear this noise when you have your foot on the brakes, has anyone thought to check the brake system? Fluid level in master cylinder?

Update on this. The noise mysteriously completely stopped. I have 16,500 miles on it now. Car is straight piped now so i wouldn't be able to hear it anymore anyway
Good news to hear that it is gone for you.
Did you change your CVT oil? Or brake oil?

Since all of you say you hear this noise when you have your foot on the brakes, has anyone thought to check the brake system? Fluid level in master cylinder?
Yes, dealer did check the brake system and say no issue.
I did test pulling handbrake and gear in drive, surprisingly no sound.
No dealer I can go that does not give me the "this is normal" crap.

i dont think thats normal, they know what the problem is (im guessing trans issue) BUT since it would be a recall thing, better say "its normal"
my cousing had the same issue with a tacoma, brand new 2010 i think) and the dealer changed the clutch over and over again and they never resolved the issue. they just waited for my cousing to sttop calling them about it.
i had a beautiful supra twin turbo, awesome car bumper to bumper. but now, this new cars are just a piece of crap. (at least mine) im never getting a toyota again.

koby

I have the same sound and 125k on my car with zero issues and its been happening for awhile. CVT's are cheap for this car so if it blows up ill just replace it.

EFF THAT. Seems like you look wrong at those cars and cvts start to go bad. Oh why did I go car shopping hungover, why? If I could go back in time.