2017 Corolla LE Revealed

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
So, the 2017 Corolla SE and XSE has been revealed a while ago but just recently, the LE was released as well as some info on trims.
http://media.toyota.ca/releases/ref...s-new-safety-and-technology-features-standard

Things that I've noticed:
- tail lights are different from the SE and XSE
- intake system in engine bay has been changed
- seats have a different design
- no fog lights on LE non-base trim

Other than that, I really like the front of the LE Corolla. The SE front bumper looks good to me too but I really do prefer the LE bumper more.

So, the 2017 Corolla SE and XSE has been revealed a while ago but just recently, the LE was released as well as some info on trims.
http://media.toyota.ca/releases/ref...s-new-safety-and-technology-features-standard

Things that I've noticed:
- tail lights are different from the SE and XSE
- intake system in engine bay has been changed
- seats have a different design
- no fog lights on LE non-base trim

Other than that, I really like the front of the LE Corolla. The SE front bumper looks good to me too but I really do prefer the LE bumper more.
Any idea what the difference in the intake does or means?

JesseG

I'm really liking the more aggressive front end! There doesn't seem to be a good place to mount a front license plate, which is fine with me. I love that an XSE trim will be available, but I miss the XRS.

JesseG

Something I noticed about the 2016 Corolla compared to the 2013 (and the iM) is that silencer box is gone. The intake has a scoop that loops around down by the fog light and up into the intake box. That was going to be my first "mod" and I was surprised to see that silencer box was gone! I still removed that looping piece.

Something I noticed about the 2016 Corolla compared to the 2013 (and the iM) is that silencer box is gone. The intake has a scoop that loops around down by the fog light and up into the intake box. That was going to be my first "mod" and I was surprised to see that silencer box was gone! I still removed that looping piece.
What does the looping piece do? What's the difference?

JesseG

What does the looping piece do? What's the difference?
The 10th gen Corolla had a silencer box attached to the intake (a large white plastic reservoir). The 2016 does not have that any more, but there is an air scoop next to the battery that loops down in between the headlight and fog light. I assume it's to quiet the intake noise and possibly smooth out the air flow. Someone posted a picture of the entire thing on the Scion iM forums. I removed the air scoop and the fabric "elbow". I left the rest of the intake snorkel in place.

The 10th gen Corolla had a silencer box attached to the intake (a large white plastic reservoir). The 2016 does not have that any more, but there is an air scoop next to the battery that loops down in between the headlight and fog light. I assume it's to quiet the intake noise and possibly smooth out the air flow. Someone posted a picture of the entire thing on the Scion iM forums. I removed the air scoop and the fabric "elbow". I left the rest of the intake snorkel in place.
Doesn't the snorkel act somewhat as a cold air intake though because it takes in air from the fender area with colder air?

I personally think it looks fugly
and is a throwback from the hideous 80's.

The funky square edge lines look nissan(ish)
and likely don't improve wind resistance.

Looks like the dash attempts to mimick the honda.

Never liked the newer model's fish mouth fugly grill.
Looks the a poop scooper for dog lovers.