2017 Corolla Safety Sense Pre-Collision System

Nice vid. These new machines just getting smarter!
I don't see the machine being smart. While this was an entertaining test and actually a good thing to do so a driver can see and get used to the system it only tells me that all these safety aides are just exactly what they are. Aides. One still has to be an alert, good, aware, etc etc driver. I can see someone taking a car company to court because they were texting on the phone and thought the car would do everything for them, and that is why the accident is not their fault. I do believe some aides are useful but most are not. Take blind spot monitoring as an example, if drivers adjusted there mirrors properly there is no blind spot.

To whom it may concern

From what I understand the ( PCS ) its just a pre warning and NOT a automatic Braking.
if is not and automatic braking , something its NOT working !

Please corect me if am wrong .
feed back please

thanks for the clip awesome testing
3ddie @.

I just watched the Video on it at Toyota Canada's website. When it detects that you are to close, between 10km and 180km to a vehicle in front of you, or detects a pedestrian between 10km to 80 km, it warns you to brake, audibly and visually. When you hit the brakes it can apply more pressure to help you out. In the event you are to slow it will apply apply pressure to help you avoid, or have a less severe impact. It will not completely stop the care by itself. As the disclaimer states, in short words, one must still pay attention to driving the car at all times. However, the video also states that auto braking may stop the vehicle. then the end of the video it says that this system does not prevent accidents. so I'm still not quite sure if it comes to a complete stop or not..

I was under the Idea that IT would STOP for you, but its only a Pre Collision system
that will let you know You need TO STOP !
LOL

3ddie @