2017 Corolla SE burning smell after driving any information please feel free to chime in

Hoping and looking for some insight on this. We got a 2017 SE just turned over 69,000 miles today I have noticed in the last week after driving we are getting a burning smell from something. You can smell it after getting out of the car not sure if its related to the heater or what. We are the second owners of this car. There is no smoke coming from anywhere oil was changed right almost a month ago was changed on 12-31-19. I see looking around engine bay no obvious signs of anything burning such as wiring harness or any oil leakage. The car runs as good as it always has no warning lights engine doesnt run hot no problems other than this smell. Seems to smell regardless if its a short trip or a longer trip no odd noises as well. We had a new set of tires put on a couple months ago but, this is something we noticed recently in the last week. I am almost certain though the smell is not coming from the engine or a component on the engine. At one point seems like around the rear wheels you could smell something so dont know maybe if the rotor or something might of been heating up possibly. I know according to dealer on 12-31-19 they said all the brake pads looked good still. Any tips or pointers or anyone who may of dealt with something similar please feel free to chime in.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
disk brakes got their smell, and when they are hot as well.
engine bay has its electrical smell at a certain mileage then goes away.
A plastick bag can always get caught under th carriage and on the exhause, if it melts away and stays on the pipe, that will take time, also never know what else was picked up off the road, like Mud. Been there and done that for jobs, that smell stays around till cleaning th undercarriage? If th car was brought in to the Dealer, and soon after you smell it. then my guess they lubed the car and grease is burning off. never know? We are not thre so we're all guessing and throwing out some tips.

Like others have said, it could be as simple as a plastic bag/material stuck to your exhaust or more complex like a seized brake caliper or your brake pad slide pins need lube. Pull the wheels off and inspect. Look for unusual wear patterns on both sides of the rotors and pads.