2017 Toyota Corolla LE - clicking / cracking noise coming from the drivers inside side door panel area behind front drivers wheel.

For my 2017 Toyota Corolla LE - After getting a ticking / tapping sound coming from the drivers side window column fixed by the Toyota dealer (it was a loose interior part of the door column push-button door sensor), I noticed a clicking / cracking noise coming from the drivers inside door panel area behind the front drivers wheel, down low by the bottom of the door frame. Anyone know what this could be?

GBS

For my 2017 Toyota Corolla LE - After getting a ticking / tapping sound coming from the drivers side window column fixed by the Toyota dealer (it was a loose interior part of the door column push-button door sensor), I noticed a clicking / cracking noise coming from the drivers inside door panel area behind the front drivers wheel, down low by the bottom of the door frame. Anyone know what this could be?
In our car (2016 LE) there is a thin plastic piece that is clipped to the inside of the fender. When you open the door, you will see it behind the hinges. It’s like a body filler part. It is painted. But it vibrates in our car sometimes. Did it since it was new. Particularly noticeable at highway speed. Sometimes messing with it and the clips a little can stop the vibration noise. Once I knew what it was I didn’t worry about it anymore. I hope this helps

Yes, I see what you mean. My car has the same filler piece. I think I will bring it to the Toyota Dealer to see if they can put some foam / rubber pads or wedges in there to stop it from moving around and making noise (on both sides - driver and passenger). Thank you for your help.

I noticed that on my car ( 2017 Toyota Corolla LE) the gap where the side panel attaches to the floorboard area is too large on the drivers side. The passenger side seems like a good fit. See attached pictures. The view is from standing behind the open front doors, looking downward, on either side as if you were entering the car to sit down on the front seats. You can push the drivers side panel to touch the floorboard area, but it just flexes back to its original position (it's loose). Could be an area where my strange noise is coming from. What do you think? Driver Side Front Door View - larger gap.JPG Passenger Side Front Door View - correct fit, normal gap.JPG

Attachments

Also, on toyotanation.com a member posted this:

"Check the door check arm. It's in the gap you are referring to. Wiggle it to see if it's loose. "

I am going to take my car back to Toyota Sunnyvale, CA (where I purchased it as a Certified Pre-Owned Used Car less than two - 2 - months ago) service department and leave it with them to check out and fix / repair and I will ask them to check the "door check arm" and the filler piece behind the hinge area.

The Toyota Dealer Service Department determined my current clicking / cracking noise to be a "spot weld" issue and decided to buy back my car from me at my full purchase price.