2018 Corolla upgrades foe performance

I have a 2018 Corolla and love it. My only complaint is it has very little power at all. It is automatic. Are than any upgrades that will help out with performance that isn't major? Thanks for any help.

I have a 2018 Corolla and love it. My only complaint is it has very little power at all. It is automatic. Are than any upgrades that will help out with performance that isn't major? Thanks for any help.
Intake, exhaust and throttle controller will help a little. The only real way for serious power is to turbocharge it.

If you want power and all... you shouldn’t have gotten a Corolla. Lol everyone knows that.
Even if you get what Chris Denton is saying.

Rylee

I’ve got weapon r heads,
Weapon r intake, throttle body spacer, light weight crank pulley, j2 exhaust. and they haven’t improved my cars performance very much at all. Save your money and enjoy the mpg. I regret putting money into it now I’m stuck with it. Automatic CVT was my first mistake.

I’ve got weapon r heads,
Weapon r intake, throttle body spacer, light weight crank pulley, j2 exhaust. and they haven’t improved my cars performance very much at all. Save your money and enjoy the mpg. I regret putting money into it now I’m stuck with it. Automatic CVT was my first mistake.
I agree with him. That’s why I stopped at Intake and Exhaust.
For people that tell you different ask them how much HP they gained
(unless they supercharged their car, but even then why a corolla?)

Rylee

I agree with him. That’s why I stopped at Intake and Exhaust.
For people that tell you different ask them how much HP they gained
(unless they supercharged their car, but even then why a corolla?)
Honestly If I keep the rolla I will put a magnuson r900 supercharger just hard to get one

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
To add to my prior post, how much power do you want? Do you want a little bit more power that will help become more responsive or do you want to gain a lot of power? Obviously, you bought a 132 hp Corolla so you shouldn't be expecting 200 hp from this car stock. If you want to do a few mods like I/H/E, you'll gain about 8-12 hp and maybe a bit more with a tune which you will feel and it'll make the car become more responsive. Even doing a pedal controller will make the acceleration feel more responsive because it eliminates the drive by wire lag. However, if you want real power, as in 50 hp+, you'll have to either go forced induction or do N/A tuning with parts such as cams, built internals, etc. Since you say that you don't want anything major, I'd say go with the minor mods. Again, everything is in that thread I sent before.

I aslo have 2018 corolla LE. Ive done cold air intake. New muffler just a 8” cherry bomb made a difference, new spark plugs, as far as power idk what else besides new Cams or super charge it for 5,xxx$$. currently looking for headers and performance injectors. The biggest improvements was in the handling. Lowered 2” and trd rear end sway bar what a difference it made. Handling is crazy sharp and feels like your part of the car.

To add to my prior post, how much power do you want? Do you want a little bit more power that will help become more responsive or do you want to gain a lot of power? Obviously, you bought a 132 hp Corolla so you shouldn't be expecting 200 hp from this car stock. If you want to do a few mods like I/H/E, you'll gain about 8-12 hp and maybe a bit more with a tune which you will feel and it'll make the car become more responsive. Even doing a pedal controller will make the acceleration feel more responsive because it eliminates the drive by wire lag. However, if you want real power, as in 50 hp+, you'll have to either go forced induction or do N/A tuning with parts such as cams, built internals, etc. Since you say that you don't want anything major, I'd say go with the minor mods. Again, everything is in that thread I sent before.
As a follow up to this. I have a 2017 Corolla iM 6MT hatchback and I've installed a DC Sports CAI and ceramic 4-2-1 header along with a 2.25" exhaust. This combination made a very noticeable difference with my Quantum Solenoid upgrade too. I found an install of the CAI and header and it showed an 11whp gain without the exhaust which will also help a lot with more air coming through the engine. I'm betting that with the exhaust you will see around 15-17whp with all 3 mods. I also felt a nice difference with the Quantum Solenoids. You may also want to look at the NST lightweight crank pulley as that frees up roughly 7hp. Here is my DC Sports Ceramic 4-2-1 ceramic header and CAI.
fullsizeoutput_5f1.jpeg
IMG_6080.JPG

ah! crap...

I purchase the same-looking DC header for my 9th Corolla.. the fitment was perfect, but the port was small as f#@k...
Now.. i have a DC Header.. just collection dust..

Do you still have the DC header model number or part? What year is this Corolla?
It's made for the 2ZR motors from 2009-19. I'm sure that you could sell it. Look up the part number on the DC Sports website.