2018 TRD Corolla?

Just speculating here. I had read in a few places on the forum and elsewhere that Toyota might be coming out with a TRD version of the Corolla, amongst other things. Asking because I recently learned of the Civic Type-R that's coming to the states and, quite frankly, it made me lose my shit. Since the Civic is kind of like Honda's Corolla, you'd think that Toyota would be doing something similar, right?

... Right?
(source on the Type-R: http://tophondacars.com/2018-honda-civic-type-r-release-date/)

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I remember reading that Toyota was thinking of bringing out TRD models for the Corolla and Camry in 2017-2018. It could still be a possibility since there were the concept models that were shown and they did come out of nowhere (as in, no one was expecting them). Another thing to add is the 2018 Camry is supposedly going to be a new generation so that could be a great time to release a TRD model for it. The Corolla however should be getting a new generation in 2019-2020 so either Toyota will wait until then to release a TRD model or they might add one in late 2017.

As for the TRD models themselves, I don't think Toyota would want to compete with the Type R in terms of power, price stand point, etc. I'd expect the TRD models to have better suspension, weight reduction, better aerodynamics, and some other things like that. But, Toyota could still give more power to the Corolla so no one will really know until they announce it themselves.

The design on 11 and 11.5 gen corolla is a shame! It's OK we got more features and less stylish
I would disagree with you. The 17 SE and XSE are very attractive in person and all the standard safety features are a HUGE plus. This is the best Corolla yet. I love my dynamic cruise control and automatic high beams most of all. God forbid I ever need emergency braking, and I have found the lane assist that pulls me back into my lines very impressive. Why don't you test drive a new one.

I would disagree with you. The 17 SE and XSE are very attractive in person and all the standard safety features are a HUGE plus. This is the best Corolla yet. I love my dynamic cruise control and automatic high beams most of all. God forbid I ever need emergency braking, and I have found the lane assist that pulls me back into my lines very impressive. Why don't you test drive a new one.
I Agree with all featured we got specially in 11.5 gen, but my disagreement is that the "S" model should look sportier just like previous generations, present generation do looks aggressive but not sportier, indeed LE models looks sportier than S for many people