*2020 Toyota Corolla LE - Console Over Heat And Cruise Control Problem

Hello. I have a 2020 Toyota Corolla LE that I love but... I have a problem with the console maybe overheating making most of the screen go black. (See Attached) I have to turn off the car for the screen to come back. I called my Toyota dealership and they said it might be the software. I don't know if it's software is the problem. I am in Arizona and it gets 115+ out here. I don't want to have a problem down the road when I want to sell or I have to replace it when it's not under warranty.

I also have a problem with Cruise Control. Seems to me that it pulls back and forth and it's not a smooth drive in my opinion. Feels like gusty winds and it seems like it's trying to drive itself. The dealership said you have to turn down the sensitivity in settings every-time I use it. Seems to me that you shouldn't have to do that every-time to want to use cruise control. It’s kinda hidden. You have to go to settings and then HOLD down the button to get the sensitivity toggle. Really unacceptable to me. Some owners might not have a clue on how to use or find sensitivity toggle. I am reaching out to you 2020 Toyota Corolla LE. Help!

Attachments

Screen looks like a problem to be covered by warranty. For cruise control, radar might sometimes be affected by distant car/objects or slight ill or slope on the road. Does it act the same on "constant" (non radar) mode (launching cruise by keeping pressure on button for 2 seconds) ? Anyway, that's something they should also look under warranty.

Screen looks like a problem to be covered by warranty. For cruise control, radar might sometimes be affected by distant car/objects or slight ill or slope on the road. Does it act the same on "constant" (non radar) mode (launching cruise by keeping pressure on button for 2 seconds) ? Anyway, that's something they should also look under warranty.
Thank you sooo much. This I can work with.
-Michael

I suspect your gust of wind feel with the cruise control on is the lane departure system taking over. The first time I took my 2020 Corolla down the highway (without Cruise on), but lane departure warning on, I noticed the same affect, especially when passing a truck. My natural instinct is to stay further to the left (left hand lane) when going to pass a truck/car. Well, as I approached the trucks to pass, the car would "automatically" pull towards the truck to more center the car on the lane. It was an uncomfortable feeling and as though I was fighting the steering. Ultimately, I turned off the lane departure warning system and everything is now "normal." It solved the problem that it sounds like you are experiencing. Try it, see if it helps...good luck!

Mine (2020 SE) does the black screen thing too. I have found out it is a bug that happens temporarily with Apple Car Play ONLY. So you un-plug your phone and re-plug it in and that fixes it every time. Hope this helps! :)