2ZR-FE Turbo Kit

Can you convert our 1.8 to E85 and gain like 50HP? Are our engines compatible with this conversion? I know e85 is hard to get in some locations and mpg isn't great but you gain HP. Thoughts?
You gain HP if your car is boosted because you can tune it for running on E85. If your car isn't turbocharged/supercharged it won't really help.

Hey guys questions what do I need to do to take out the governor ? And also what you guys recommend for me to do to increase HP ? I own a 14 corolla LE
I'm not sure if the Corolla really has a governor per se. The Corolla has a fuel cut off that occurs at 118 mph, why would you need to go faster in a Corolla even if it could go faster? If you want more nice usable HP then look at turbocharging your Corolla. Best option by a long shot.

Because I have drove fast corolla before and they are fun also Because Toyota hasn’t had the balls to come out with a fast corolla in years lol but I’m just going to 2jzgte it anyways I’ll make sure to post pictures when is done curently building the engine yes with a BIG turbo ... so civics better watch out

Because I have drove fast corolla before and they are fun also Because Toyota hasn’t had the balls to come out with a fast corolla in years lol but I’m just going to 2jzgte it anyways I’ll make sure to post pictures when is done curently building the engine yes with a BIG turbo ... so civics better watch out
Can't wait to see the pics!

You da real MVP. If you can pull it off, I will follow next!

Ok guys and gals, My original build is put off on hold. The CVT transmission went out twice before The turbo was installed. Luckily she was under warranty and she got fixed, not even a week later the seconded transmission went out again. I went ahead and trade her in and for a 2015 corolla S-plus with a 6 speed. I plan on doing a fully built 2zr-fe for more horsepower. I'm not sure if anyone else has done the same with this gen corolla. But I will make a write up for it.

Ok guys and gals, My original build is put off on hold. The CVT transmission went out twice before The turbo was installed. Luckily she was under warranty and she got fixed, not even a week later the seconded transmission went out again. I went ahead and trade her in and for a 2015 corolla S-plus with a 6 speed. I plan on doing a fully built 2zr-fe for more horsepower. I'm not sure if anyone else has done the same with this gen corolla. But I will make a write up for it.
How did it go out? Were you abusive driving hard neutral drops? Did you test it’s limits before installing turbo? I would :). What mileage and year was she and please be honest as to your driving habits. What were the symptoms if any? Did it give you any signs before failure? Did it strand you or was it making noise, slipping? Any info would be appreciated. It would give a lot of us a piece of mind.

Why would Toyota accountants allow a transmission to be designed to be strong enough to withstand power levels it was never intended to? That would unnecessarily increase production costs, which would reduce profit margins and that is a big no-no, especially with an economy car.
Companies overengineer parts all the time. They reuse same parts on less or more powerful cars. It’s a gamble, but it’s easy to grab an existing part from the bin as opposed to engineering a new one. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes it doesn’t depending on what the part is. Example 2jz engine in Supra detuned versions used in Lexus IS and gs300 early 2000 year model or around there. Why was it a good thing? That engine can make 1000 hp by slapping a giant turbo on it with 17mm wrench. Lexuses with 2j go upwards of 500k miles without issues. I know first hand.

There's a site called https://www.deroure.com/ that sells the supercharger kit but the only thing is that it's in a different currency and not sure if they will ship to the use but it's definetly the magnuson r900. on toyota nation this guy ordered one but idk if he lives in the US. Also with supercharger do you know if the LE models transmission can handle the power. Also i believe we would have to flash or reprogram the cars ecu to handle the supercharger.
Le has identical cvt as s only difference is programming to allow paddle shifters.

To be honest I was rough with her. Where I live its off a highway where cars are flying nearly 80-85mph. So, In a way I kinda have to be rough to get her to speed real quick. However I did not neutral drop her what so ever, That is very harsh. She did give signs about a month before she left me stranded. She had a little over 42k miles. The signs were when she was cold ( the temp outside was below 32) she would jerk forward every time it shifted. Funny thing there was no slipping at all. But once the car warmed up she was fine.

To be honest I was rough with her. Where I live its off a highway where cars are flying nearly 80-85mph. So, In a way I kinda have to be rough to get her to speed real quick. However I did not neutral drop her what so ever, That is very harsh. She did give signs about a month before she left me stranded. She had a little over 42k miles. The signs were when she was cold ( the temp outside was below 32) she would jerk forward every time it shifted. Funny thing there was no slipping at all. But once the car warmed up she was fine.
Got ya, thanks for the info. If you were to estimate, did you try to keep her in Eco mode at all or were you kind of hard on her from dead stop? How was your driving habit on daily basis. Some go for mpg and never get her out of eco mode, some go for acceleration and hardly ever see that thing lit. I understand that you need to floor it when you're entering a freeway but you don't do that 50 times a day. I think daily driving habits is what causes most stress to drive train. Also, did you ever warm her up before driving on those cold days? Theoretically you're supposed to throw her in R or D and go cause it has a CVT fluid warmer to mitigate wear of CVT components. I read somewhere that damage can occur when you're hard on CVT when it hasn't had a chance to warm up. Let us know your daily driving habits. Also, did you have stock wheels on her or larger diameter rims/tires? Thanks!

I think majority of the time I geared her in both sport and eco. I wanted to test the mpg in both to see if there was a difference. The Eco had better mpg but not by much. Now, I live in Texas it dose not get much cold here except for Christmas time last year. I did not think too warm her up before I would travel to go to work early in the but crack of dawn. This unfortunate event happened when it was really cold. She did have aftermarket wheels, they where 17's i think it was 7 or 7 1/2 inch wide I do not remember. 23434853_1625843344143713_6619336875058366159_n.jpg

i like the seven speed cvt in the 2017 xse... ive put 34k on it in 10 months and haven't had any issues with the cvt.... I had a 2014 corolla S with cvt with 92k and not one issue with the cvt, just the charcoal canister went and didn't feel like paying $800 so traded it in.... i wonder if the extra gear would help, when i take off at a good rate i usually shift around 4500 to 5000... i normally run in sport mode and when no snow i turn trac control off... its pretty peppy and wouldn't mind a bit extra....

i like the seven speed cvt in the 2017 xse... ive put 34k on it in 10 months and haven't had any issues with the cvt.... I had a 2014 corolla S with cvt with 92k and not one issue with the cvt, just the charcoal canister went and didn't feel like paying $800 so traded it in.... i wonder if the extra gear would help, when i take off at a good rate i usually shift around 4500 to 5000... i normally run in sport mode and when no snow i turn trac control off... its pretty peppy and wouldn't mind a bit extra....
34k miles in 10 months?? Damn!! Keep in mind that the CVT is not a 7-speed, it only fakes them and makes you think it actually has gears. And why would you pay $800 for a charcoal canister? Mine went out and the part was just over $100 and it was super easy to install. Took me less then an hour. Piece of cake.

Last edited:
it was like $500 through Toyota and another $200 to $300 undo 3 tubes and a few bolts...lol i could have bought one online for cheaper but lots of repair guys wont put on customer bought parts.... 10 years ago id do it myself but im to disabled to work on cars now.... fed warranty was like 75k or 80k and i was at 85k when i first started throwing codes..... thats why i buy new every few years.... i put alot of joy ride miles and doctor visit miles on and i dont have it in me to pay someone to do simple work for high prices.... i was hoping to hold out another two or three till they released the 2018 camry xse but wife was tired of reduced gas mileage and seeing the light on the dash.... but yea theres not much of a diff between 6 and 7... 7 seems to be more of a wimpy overdrive.... not much of a sound diff or feeling the revs through the gas pedal... I had a 2012 GMC terrain i got rid of in 2015 i put 137k on...lol i do alot of miles...lol even the terrain had a cvt in it and it was fun as fck.... 6 cylinder all wheel drive, but it was a up and down button on the stick not like yoda's cvt or my 2012 focus titanium POS cvt.... the focus cvt was the biggest pos i ever drove, i put up with it for 5 months and got rid of it....

the 2012 focus titanium was dual clutch semi automatic transmission, and they had a ton of issues... lol i am so used to the term cvt these days... lol but the terrain had manual shift buttons, don't know what they called it but both vehicles i could shift gears, they were both automatics but i could switch gears whenever i wanted... this was 6 years ago and my memory sucks... i think some called it a clutchless manual... i got the terms wrong but pretty much duel transmissions with different ways of operating....

Last edited:
the 2012 focus titanium was dual clutch semi automatic transmission, and they had a ton of issues... lol i am so used to the term cvt these days... lol but the terrain had manual shift buttons, don't know what they called it but both vehicles i could shift gears, they were both automatics but i could switch gears whenever i wanted... this was 6 years ago and my memory sucks... i think some called it a clutchless manual... i got the terms wrong but pretty much duel transmissions with different ways of operating....
No worries, just making sure we're not calling all Automatic transmissions CVT since there are many varieties :)

it was like $500 through Toyota and another $200 to $300 undo 3 tubes and a few bolts...lol i could have bought one online for cheaper but lots of repair guys wont put on customer bought parts.... 10 years ago id do it myself but im to disabled to work on cars now.... fed warranty was like 75k or 80k and i was at 85k when i first started throwing codes..... thats why i buy new every few years.... i put alot of joy ride miles and doctor visit miles on and i dont have it in me to pay someone to do simple work for high prices.... i was hoping to hold out another two or three till they released the 2018 camry xse but wife was tired of reduced gas mileage and seeing the light on the dash.... but yea theres not much of a diff between 6 and 7... 7 seems to be more of a wimpy overdrive.... not much of a sound diff or feeling the revs through the gas pedal... I had a 2012 GMC terrain i got rid of in 2015 i put 137k on...lol i do alot of miles...lol even the terrain had a cvt in it and it was fun as fck.... 6 cylinder all wheel drive, but it was a up and down button on the stick not like yoda's cvt or my 2012 focus titanium POS cvt.... the focus cvt was the biggest pos i ever drove, i put up with it for 5 months and got rid of it....
You need to find a good local independent mechanic that will work on your car for reasonable amounts. They are all over the place, you just have to look around. I found a guy near my mom in New Mexico for her that would change her oil once a year in her Lexus ES350 and Highlander for $10 when she brings in the oil and filter. Super nice guy that used to be a Toyota Master Tech that now has his own shop. I'll bet he would have changed the charcoal canister for $50 since she always brings him a plate of cookies!

Ford's DCT is completely horrible and would only consider the manual, but those are only offered in the most basic trim level or in the ST version (car insurance for a young person like myself is unattainable lol) The DCT is bad at idling and slow speeds, and sometimes feels like a 20 year old car with a bad tranny in it pulling from a dead stop..nope, glad I have my Corolla until a little later on in life for a different car

Yea the focus titanium was the biggest pos I ever owned cause of it and Ford sweeping it under the rug for months.... I was a Ford guy but never again.... I complained so much and they said I was crazy. I'd drive into a rotary and wouldn't have any forward gears... It was bad... But I love my last two corollas.

I actually called Toyota headquarters and spoke with them the cvt transmission is actually made from a third party and toyota had no idea. I cant recall who they said made it but I know it was out of Asia and they made like 4 billion dollars a year i made no attempt to contact that company I only looked it up on Google

the cvt transmission is actually made from a third party and toyota had no idea.
The CVT is from Aisin, which actually belong to Toyota. With such big corporations and subsidiaries, I guess unless you do reach some engineer who worked on the project, not everybody in the box is aware of details on everything.