3rd Brake Light

This is a pretty good video on how to remove the rear deck cover. Your light is part of the cover. While you back there, it's a good time to upgrade those factory "speakers"!
Thanks for the info. That looks like a lot of work for that little light, but I guess it must be done for any upgrade/repair back there.

What is your reason to add the strobe, I personally cant stand those.
From a safety perspective, that is precisely the intention. By flashing several times, the light catches the attention of the diver behind you. Living in Atlanta, that should be required by law LOL! Too many distracted drivers here IMO.

it's been a few years, but by memory I removed the lower rear seat, then the upper backseat. I believe the wires are white and wht/blue and located on the driver's side. I also did our RAV4, they have the same wire colors, (and our Miata, different wire colors).

The modulators I used are for LEDs only, which is why I used them on the third brake light. They were only a few dollars each from ebay, compared to the 'back-off' modulator I used for incandescent bulbs that was the $40 range.

Take your time and have fun

Bunta

From a safety perspective, that is precisely the intention. By flashing several times, the light catches the attention of the diver behind you. Living in Atlanta, that should be required by law LOL! Too many distracted drivers here IMO.
it could also distract a driver