55k Maintenance Tips

Hello,
So I am about to have my 55k oil change done soon.
So far I only did oil change, change engine and ac filter, rotate wheel and change tire, clean rear brake and change all pads.

So I wanted to know what servicing should I get done now?
As you may know the dealer gave me a list that will take over 2k to get done. lol

I know some of the things I should get done. Just wanted to see what you guys think I should do.

Thanks

55k I'd just do an oil change.

At 60k I would check your spark plugs for possible replacement, change the drive belt, the upstream O2 sensor, oil and filter, air filter, cabin air filter, and PCV Valve.

That is what I recommend.

I was also thinking maybe flushing all the systems. And wondering if I should do it at 55k, since I did drive it rough few times. lol

If you have an automatic, a fluid and filter change isn't a bad idea. As far as the coolant, transmission, and engine block flush, don't bother. The stuff used in cars today has far superior anti-degradation technology than from two decades past.

How long did your battery last? I still have my stock battery. I didn't run it for two days and their was a shake when I started the car. Probably have to change that too. The dealership wanted me to flush everything around 40k. The sad part is, they rip off soo many people.

40k? That's insane. The coolant lasts 120k miles in the maintenance guide (which is a good place to look I might add).

My battery lasted just under 6 years. If you notice slow starts when cold, might as well get it replaced before it strands you.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Check your owners manual for the recommended services. If you are getting recommendations other than what is in the owners manual for your car, one might suspect the honesty of that person.