8th Gen & 9th Gen Steering Wheel Interchange

Is it possible to use a 9th Gen steering wheel on an 8th Gen Corolla? I'm after a sportier look to the interior.

I have 2001 Corolla LE with the standard 4 spoke steering wheel. Will a 9th Gen steering wheel, from a Corolla S (3 spoke) bolt in place? There aren't any controls in the steering wheel, just the air bag.

Thank in advance,
Ray

Ray, If you're still wanting to have an operational airbag than I would suggest leaving the OEM stock wheel on. The cars are crash tested with that specific airbag and even if the new steering wheel's airbag works it may cause more harm than good if it inflates. Not that I'm recommending it officially but if I were changing my steering wheel I'd go with a new hub and a momo or nardi.

It's possible to change your steering wheel to a 3-spoke design of the same 8th gen. Bad part is your only color option is black. Find a 01-02 Corolla S they all come with black 3-spoke steering wheels with red stitching. This is probably a better idea than switching to a different gen steering for some of the reason rocknrolla was mentioning. Hope this helps