99 rolla vibration in drive or reverse.

Rod

I have a 99 corolla with a vibration when the vehicle is put in drive or reverse. The vibration doesn’t always start right-away, and the vehicle is still stationary when the shaking or vibration starts. Any help would be much appreciated.

Betzy

I have a 99 corolla with a vibration when the vehicle is put in drive or reverse. The vibration doesn’t always start right-away, and the vehicle is still stationary when the shaking or vibration starts. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi Rod.
I'm hoping you got some good replies for your question.
My 2012 Corolla mechanic happens to be the previous owner of my car, he likes doing maintenance to mine as a courtesy to me but he is very knowledgeable having specialized in Corollas many years. He explained: "any time when a vehicle that gets rough & would shudder and shake at low speeds, I changed the spark plugs and coils and this did NOT solve the problem! I checked the Transmission fluid and found that the level on the dipstick was way above the two marks it is supposed to be. The color of the tranny oil was brown not a good color for tranny oil.I drained and refilled the tranny oil, Test drove it for several days and the problem disappeared.Easy fix For the Corollas.Keep that in mind if this is happening to your car.Thanks.

Betzy

just joined forum today ,anyways i had same problem, all i did to fix it is changed out the transmission fluid, good luck.