Aesthetics of L/LE vs S model

L/ LE/Eco or S Model

• L/LE/Eco

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • S

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

HanSolo

I would say S because of functionality. It has a very useful dash, paddle shifters for manual control when driving steep grades, and full disc brakes. It also has a better steering wheel feel. I chose the LE because I wanted a premium with heated seats(only S premiums around were silver) and also because it has more conservative styling. Our roads are so bad, I also did not want 17 inch rims.

Design wise, I prefer the front end of the NON S versions, and I wanted to buy aftermarket alloys so that I wouldn't have the same wheels as every other Corolla out there. The cost savings also allow me to buy little extras (bumper guard, door sill enhancements, leather seat covers and aforementioned Alloy wheels with snow tires, etc) without feeling like I'm wasting money.
I chose the L since a manual transmission was a must, and I didn't want to spend more for the S with manual (if I could have even located one). For me, going through the list of upgrades above the L level, either I had them in my previous cars and never used them, or I really didn't care enough about them. (Except for the power door lock remote, which I mistakenly assumed would be included with the power locks on the L when I bought the car)

There are definitely aspects of the S that are better than my car, it's just a case of what matters to people at the time, I think.

Thomas

I don't like the "aggressive" or "sporty" look of the front of the S, and prefer the front of the LE. I'm not trying to attract attention.

I didn't get the S because I didn't care for the bigger wheels, turn signals on mirrors, and can live without the dash display. I went with the Le Eco Premium because I got everything I wanted with fogs, Entune Premium, heated seats, sunroof, and maximized the gas mileage outside of going with the base Eco trim.