Aftermarket intake

BigK

I'm looking to replace my current air intake with something after market. Was looking at the K&N 69-8757TTK Typhoon air intake. I'm curious if my mileage will be better. I look forward to your responses. Thanks in advance. My corolla is a 2014 S plus.

Connor

I have a 2011 LE with a Spectre cold air intake. Looks identical to the one you're looking at. About one foot of piping with a heat shield. I didn't really notice any horsepower difference, economy difference, or even a noise difference. It just looks good. The best kind of cold air intake is actually just a kind that will fit into your stock airbox. For example: https://www.amazon.com/33-2360-High...ds=2014+Toyota+Corolla+performance+air+filter

The heat shield with mine doesn't really do much, I'm sure, and I don't even know how much fresh air would even get that far into the engine bay, so most air I'm getting is probably heated air from the engine, whereas a filter that goes with the stock set up will still get outside air, and just let it through faster.