Aftermarket Wheel Size/Tire Size

delrey

Go to tirerack.com. Great source for all tire needs. They even list recommended alternate sizes for your car. In my opinion, the tire itself will be more important than the size.

I've got a 2015 Corolla L. It has the stock 15" steelies with hub caps. What is the best wheel size/tire size combo to add sportiness to it?
Bro I have the s+ and the 17" rim black with chrome inserts are sick looking. Your tire size is 215/45/17 put a high performance tire like Firestone/Bridgestone you won't be disappointed

I've got a 2015 Corolla L. It has the stock 15" steelies with hub caps. What is the best wheel size/tire size combo to add sportiness to it?
Best is a matter of opinion. My stock 17" wheels came with 215/45R17 tires. But I've heard 225/45R17 tires make your speed match your speedometer reading more accurately.

Personally, I would upgrade to 18x8 +35mm offset with 225/40R18 tires.

I would get 17x8 wheels with 225/45R17. If you go to 225/40R18 with 18" wheels the ride is harsher but the handling isn't better. I've tried the 18" option and didn't like it at all compared to the 17". I also think that the 18" wheels looks too big on the Corolla.

Put the 2015 S+ 17 on it 215/75/17 Firestone ovals you want be disappointed
i run the firestone firehawk indy 500 215/45/17 for my summer tires... i been impressed by firestone tires lately... the ovals a all season or just summer tire? the 500's are so sticky and grippy.... fun tire....

@SuperchargedMR2, hey, man. You are absolutely right about the 18 inch tires. They are as unsteerable as possible, and my car drove like ice, and I almost drove into a ditch at every turn. I will say this, it is, of course, better to go through each purchase on your own experience, but Info based on feedbacks from users is important too. I had 17 inch tires, and they performed pretty well because I drive on rocky terrain. But a lot also depends on the manufacturer "Goodyear" have performed pretty darn cool. But that in itself costs a pretty penny, but I decided to treat myself. In any case, the choice is yours and what wheels to buy is up to you. Peace be with you all!