Air vent mount cell phone holder - is there one out there?

Kris

Does anyone know where to find a cell phone holder that will fit the air vents in a 2016 Corolla?
What does everyone use to hold their cell phone? I use the cell phone (Android) for navigation and the Waze app.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

I use the cup holder. With the downward-facing speakers on my phone, the cup holder actually amplifies the audio from my phone.

I use the kenu airframe + it works really well and it's exactly what you're looking for. Unfortunately it won't let me post a link but you can buy it on amazon or at target

I've had this for over a year in my Corolla and have yet to have any problems with it. Fits perfectly on the vent above the nav screen and helps keep my eyes on the road without completely giving up use of my phone!

It's a brand called "MiniSuit" and you can find it on Amazon, I can't post the link but it's right at $9.99. Looks like a clip that expands to hold the phone. No magnets or anything.

ToyBoy

I have a Garmin GPS 5" that I mounted on my air vent on a mount that I bought off Ebay years ago . That said in my opinion vent mounting is absolutely the best location to mount a GPS . Jim

I had looked at the vent style, but was leery of the quality(I have an LGv10 which is a heavy phone) I went with this instead, I like it much better as there is far less wobble, and gets the phone up higher as well...

I had looked at the vent style, but was leery of the quality(I have an LGv10 which is a heavy phone) I went with this instead, I like it much better as there is far less wobble, and gets the phone up higher as well...
@Bcrewcaptain Does this not make the CD player freak out? I like the idea of this. I thought the vent style clips would not work because of how the vents are sort of recessed on the dash. (You must have an older year model Corolla?) So I have been dreaming on how to make something else work.

@Bcrewcaptain Does this not make the CD player freak out? I like the idea of this. I thought the vent style clips would not work because of how the vents are sort of recessed on the dash. (You must have an older year model Corolla?) So I have been dreaming on how to make something else work.
I have a 2015 L, no issues with the player operating, it just clamps into the open with foam"teeth" that gently spread apart with a wing nut. I have had the same cd in there for the last 10K miles, so changing it hasn't really been an issue:D

Does anyone know where to find a cell phone holder that will fit the air vents in a 2016 Corolla?
What does everyone use to hold their cell phone? I use the cell phone (Android) for navigation and the Waze app.

Thanks in advance!
I'm curious if you ever found a good solution. Some of these suggestions don't really seem to work well because the 15 & 16 Corollas have that ledge right underneath the AC vents.
I would prefer to have my phone in portrait mode.

Kris

That works ok with the huge ledge beneath the vents? You are able to use it in portrait orientation?
I can use it with my Galaxy S7 w/ otter case in portrait orientation, but the ledge does cause the phone to lose contact with the magnet if you hit a LARGE bump in the road.

I mount my gps on the air vent . I have on the last 2 cars also . I found that is the best locacation for me. That said I`ve been able to mount any holder with or without the clip by using a black zip tie .

I ordered this cig lighter type...will let you know when I try it out....

amazon dot com /
gp/product/B0175MMPX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

forum wont let me paste a link...I neeed to have three posts min.

i got one from sprint store, the only downside is that when its cold outside and u turn on the ac, the phones heats up and turns off. so what i did was tapped the vent and problem solved.