Airbag Light

Hi: I just bought a 2006 corolla. When the car is running,the airbag light is always illuminated ( the one to the right of the dashboard that tells you if its on or off. I think this is the way its supposed to be? but its a bit annoying and I wondered if it can be turned off. Thanks, Dave

@west_newbury_dave That's how it's suppose to be. When someone sits in it with their seat belt on then a "on" light on the right of "airbag" comes on. Sometimes the airbag won't turn "on" if the passenger doesn't have his/her seat belt clicked in. If the airbag sensor is not working or if it's just off then the "off" light on the left of "airbag" comes on.

05corolla

Super Moderator
@west_newbury_dave That's how it's suppose to be. When someone sits in it with their seat belt on then a "on" light on the right of "airbag" comes on. Sometimes the airbag won't turn "on" if the passenger doesn't have his/her seat belt clicked in. If the airbag sensor is not working or if it's just off then the "off" light on the left of "airbag" comes on.
mine does the samething something your going to have to get used to