Alarm triggers out of nowhere

Is there a setting or issues on 2015 corolla S Alarm system? For some reason my car alarm triggers on a HOT sunny day. Is there also a possibility thats because I leave windows down by an inch, that causes the alarm to go on?

By car alarm, do you mean one pre-installed by the dealer that they dare call OEM and then ask money to "activate" them ? (They often are of the "Karr" brand, cheap, inefficient and overpriced). If so that's your answer. Otherwise I'm not aware of a car alarm (other then immobilizer) in the Corolla.

By car alarm, do you mean one pre-installed by the dealer that they dare call OEM and then ask money to "activate" them ? (They often are of the "Karr" brand, cheap, inefficient and overpriced). If so that's your answer. Otherwise I'm not aware of a car alarm (other then immobilizer) in the Corolla.
Thank you for the response yes car alarm is from the dealer OEM. Gonna check on the dealer or under the hood if it states the brand name....thank you I hate see cheap stuff go under the hood

fishycomics

Super Moderator
thanks. Did they go over the alarm sys with you? If your alarm is being triggered by vibration. I have it brought back in to adjust its sensitivity. tat be my guess.

Thank you for the response yes car alarm is from the dealer OEM. Gonna check on the dealer or under the hood if it states the brand name....thank you I hate see cheap stuff go under the hood
So no, you wouldn't have any setting on the car itself. It's completely aftermarket.
The brand is not that important, those "pushed" products aren't the best and some dealer bulk install them on every unit on the lot, so it's not always done carefully.
I assume they didn't gave you an operating manual, otherwise the false "OEM" scam would be too obvious (actually, there is no OEM Toyota car alarm).
I'd request an operating manual and/or that they review their installation or at least explain how it is suppose to work (like the case of the open window).
I wouldn't even do business with dealers that play with the electric system of my brand new car even before I take possession of it. Because if you don't pay the "fee", you're still stuck with the nonactivated system.
But in Canada (that's my place) it's forbidden anyway. If you really feel you need an alarm (and even that could be debated) there are much better and cheaper options from specialized shops.