Alternator Gone at 66000 km?

Took my car to the dealer for full inspection before warranty ended on my 09 Corolla. Got the car home and put in the garage and whenever I used it after it was turning over slow but starting right after inspection.

Well I was driving 2 weeks later powersteering goes off ,battery light on and abs light. Towed back to the dealer and they tell me my alternator is gone. I think something fishy here is going on as I only put 188km on the car since inspection that passed with flying colors.

Anyway they tell me $675 with a rebuilt alternator. Then they call me back and say they have none in Edmonton alberta. They call me back and say they found 1 but it takes a week to arrive and the price jumps to $735 with labour. Car still sitting at Toyota and I am paying dearly for a rental car.

Now called back again and I can get a new 1 and have the car ready now but $200 more. This is getting crazy already and why 10,000 09 corolas in edm and not 1 alternator readily available?

Should I not of had some kind of guarantee after the inspection that nothing would go wrong? This was an amazing how this happens right after an inspection.

66 k too soon for it to go?

Does anyone know any Toyota mechanics in Edmonton that are Honest?

Is there such a thing as an honest mechanic? :no: