Am I spoiled brat??????????

Just a rough guess, your 2008 is worth maybe $8K? at most depending on the trim, condition and miles. My first car was a 10 year old Saab 900 non-turbo with 100k miles, purchase price of $5,500. I received all kinds of flak for driving a "sporty" and "luxury car" brand. Your Corolla is almost 10 years old and it's a no frills, practical, reliable and economical sedan. Whoever is calling you a spoiled brat should get a reality check.

Topher

Just a rough guess, your 2008 is worth maybe $8K? at most depending on the trim, condition and miles. My first car was a 10 year old Saab 900 non-turbo with 100k miles, purchase price of $5,500. I received all kinds of flak for driving a "sporty" and "luxury car" brand. Your Corolla is almost 10 years old and it's a no frills, practical, reliable and economical sedan. Whoever is calling you a spoiled brat should get a reality check.
Wow your story hits close to home, my first car was 99ʻ 2.3T Saab 9-5 at age 17. So much of what you mentioned about the flak is true, they were quirky cars to drive even in their hay day (that didnʻt necessarily make them functional or cheap to fix like most Euro cars. Which made it a TERRIBLE investment on my part). I agree with you on kyle2000s corolla though. As far as reliable goes itʻs right up there with all the other economical Japanese cars.

I inevitably crashed the Saab in a storm, my dad smugly handed me the keys to his 05ʻ Corolla CE (with the "family discount" on the price of course) what a reality check that was (I occasionally miss having a turbo, but for the sake of less speeding tickets itʻs better to NOT have one lol) but when I moved from the states over here to Australia where driving on the left hand side of the road and having your steering wheel on the right is the norm in this foreign land, what do you think my first choice on car was? Yup another corolla, and itʻs been good to me ever since. I can see why theyʻve got the reputation they do.

I guess Iʻm just trying to say the corolla is probably one of the BEST first car choices you can make, itʻs not necessarily luxurious or sporty (unless you get an XRS, Tsport or Sportivo) but man are they Reliable. So youʻve made a fine choice kyle2000, one that isnʻt spoiled by ANY means.