Amp power cable through firewall 2017 LE

Anyone install an amp for a sub yet in the 2017 le yet. I heard theres a grommet behind the glove box but that was an earlier model like 2015 or something. If anyone has done it with the 2017 pls post a pic. I'll drill a hole if i really have to but REALLY dont want to. Thanks guys.

There is no difference between 2014-2016 and 2017+. Other than cosmetic “upgrades” and accessories.
That said, I have a 14 and have not seen any grommets available on the firewall.
I ran a zero gauge wire through the firewall and was able to slip it in with the main harness that’s located under the brake booster.

Jake

I have also ran wiring through that harness grommet on the driver side. It works well. I have a 2016 le. I have amp wiring and fog light wiring pushed through there.

so i see 2 spots where they have a nice big grommet with a pretty fat set of wires going through. One next to the brake booster and one under the glove box. How the hell do u get that grommet out cuz theres no way to squeeze a fat wire through there. The grommet on the engine side has 2 big rubber posts, do those unlock the grommet some how? Do u guys have any pics or anything. I would hate to cut into it if i dont have to. Maybe i can get a pic on here, brb.

*EDIT*

Just pulled on it with a set of channel locks from the inside of the cab and it popped right out. Looks like im gonna have to cut a little out anyway to get the wire through.

Last edited:
I've got the Australian (right hand side drive) 2016 model Corolla. Is the firewall mirrored from the LHS or same? I ask as I was unable to sneak a 4gauge through the main grommet on the weekend and want to know where to try next? Battery is LHS (RHS looking toward car from engine) so was hoping to stay on that side. I have seen other posts about cutting a penetration into a grommet - is there some some further advice I can get about this?